Ring Doorbell

I’ve had to disable the ring camera again as its still making HA very unstable, I use the Synology camera component and don’t get those errors. When I have the ring camera enabled and view the last motion the errors appear. I had the system running overnight and when I looked at the camera this morning the whole systems locked up and I had to restart Home Assistant. The logs pointed to accessing the ring camera being the last task before lock up.

Any ideas @tchellomello ?

Are you running your HA on a Pi by any chance? ffmpeg is heavy on the system, so that may be causing issues. Run top when you open the video to see if the usage goes up.

Nope a Synology DiskStation, allocated 1GB just for HA.

I have the same issue in my logs as soon as I upgraded to 0.57. I had not even got a chance to setup new ffmpeg feature yet, Just using the same standard ring component set up that I’ve had for six months without any issue.

The following error is blowing up my log!
WARNING (Thread-15) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding

@tchellomello Created issue for video_url expiring and camera not updating to the new URL.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/10407

I believe the component needs separation between devices that support the various options - some devices dont support DING so this causes the error, however the binary_sensor cannot be enabled for the doorbell and disabled for the cameras … see here my conclusion Upgraded HASS.IO from 0.56.2 to 0.57.1 - getting Ring Doorbell errors

@tchellomello see above post - I guess that is causing the error described multiple times in this thread

So I’ve commented out - sensor.ring_front_door_last_ding and the errors are no longer appearing in the logs. Thanks @collse for the heads up. Lets hope things can get fixed soon.

Seems the other issue with HA being unstable is related to the Synology camera component as theres a logged memory leak issue thats ongoing:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/9352

@subnetangel currently those actions are not yet integrated on HASS, only on the 3rd party library.

Hello,
This message is not displayed by the camera component, but from the sensors.

You are seeing because the library did not find at least 5 events of ding.

I’ll open a request on the library to instead of warning, to be as debug.

PR # https://github.com/tchellomello/python-ring-doorbell/pull/68

@collse that is a good idea. Could you open an issue reporting the problems and which device you have?

Hello guys,

Just to let you all know that with the troubleshooting assistance of @ntalekt we were able to figure out the problem related with the error Image not available.

I’ll submit the official PR tomorrow as @ntalekt and myself running overnight. Please feel free to test it and report your results. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/10407#issuecomment-342377024

Thank you guys for reporting the issue and I’m sorry for any trouble.

mmello

1 Like

@collse @apt yes, you are right. I’m assuming you have a ring floodlight/stickupcam which does not support ring, right?

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/dev/homeassistant/components/sensor/ring.py#L37

The fix will remove dings for stickupcams or floodlights.

Is there any other issues that you are hitting?

I’m just using a Ring Doorbell (Gen 1), The other cameras I use are using the Synology Components via Synology Surveillance Station.

I’m seeing the same issue mentioned above where HA will become unresponsive after some time. If I comment out the ring camera piece, it doesn’t occur…

@tchellomello Everything is still working great and I’m glad the PR was merged for 0.57.3.

One thing I did notice is that my HA instance has over 30k hits to ring-transcoded-videos.s3.amazonaws.com in the past 24 hours. Seems like a lot more then the 45min force refresh period.

@tchellomello I’ve been testing the update and the Image Not Available Error seems to have been squashed. Thanks!

1 Like

Guys, i am having these errors after 0.57.3. I don’t know what’s wrong and now no picture shows up like it did before.

2017-11-11 19:39:25 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Error while setting up platform ring Traceback (most recent call last): File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 170, in _async_setup_platform SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=self.hass.loop) File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 392, in wait_for return fut.result() File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 274, in result raise self._exception File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step result = coro.send(None) File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/coroutines.py”, line 206, in coro res = func(*args, **kw) File “/home/ian/.homeassistant/custom_components/camera/ring.py”, line 46, in async_setup_platform cams.append(RingCam(hass, camera, config)) File “/home/ian/.homeassistant/custom_components/camera/ring.py”, line 67, in init self._video_url = self._camera.recording_url(self._last_video_id) File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/ring_doorbell/doorbot.py”, line 270, in recording_url if req.status_code == 200: AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘status_code’

Love this plugin. Getting an issue though where motion events stop triggering the binary sensor, but still update the last motion event sensor. So I have the odd situation with the motion binary sensor saying last event was 5 hours ago yet the other time sensor will show a time that was only 2 hours ago. This stops my automations from running as they’re based on the binary sensors. Once it breaks the only way to fix this is a restart of Hass. Any ideas?

1 Like

Mello, I downgraded HA thought it would work. No go, might be something stupid that I am doing. I saw someone having the same error above but according to your later post seems like it’s fixed. Thanks for your help, feels like something simple, as it is not setting up the ring

1 Like