Ring Floodlight Cam - Turn Floodlight on and off

The flood light entity suddenly started showing up after updating to HA 0.103.5. I’m unsure if this has to do with them updating the ring_doorbell library up to 0.2.8 or just having to get a new access token in the process, but it’s there now!

Finally saw this in my logs after upgrading and restarting:
[homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new light.ring entity: light.side_door_light

Were you guys ever able to add config parameters to the integration so you can adjust ring settings such as if a light has motion trigger enabled or not?

Here is what I want to do: Possible to Disable Ring Spotlight Cam Auto Motion Lights?

Thanks

For those of us adding a Ring camera for the first time now (HA v0.118.x), is there anything special needed to get the light/siren switches to show up?

It looks like the YAML configuration is now deprecated due to MFA requirements, so I think that means that there shouldn’t be any - platform: ring necessary in the light: or switch: sections, right?

I just installed a Floodlight Camera (first Ring product, brand new account) today. The HA integration seemed to go ok, and I have 8 entities now: camera, battery, last activity, last motion, motion, volume, wifi category, wifi strength.

I don’t see anything for the flood lights or for the siren. The docs seem to indicate that the entities for the lights/siren should appear automagically, just like the camera did. Am I missing something?

I know this is a pretty old thread, however I have an issue with a newer device recently added to the Ring product list, which seems to act differently from the devices I have been using without issue.

I have a Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro. and I am not seeing the “light” or “siren” entities. I see all others, such as “volume”, “motion”.

I also have a number of other devices such as the Floodlight Cam (not the Pro) and these show all entities and work perfectly for lights and siren. I can control the lights direct from Home Assistant without a problem.

I also noticed that the Pro camera has “unknown” for its Model when looking at my device list.

I am running core-2021.8.8 and I just removed and added the latest Ring Integration today.

Any advice on how I get help with these new cameras being supported in Home Assistant? Many thanks.

Same here- I have both the newest Ring Floodlight cameras and the Ring Spotlight cameras. Only the Spotlight cameras give me “light” as an entity… is there anyway we can get to control the lights on the Floodlight cameras?

Thanks for any assistance!

-Spifl

I opened a bug ( Ring Integration for Lights and Siren on new models not working · Issue #55936 · home-assistant/core (github.com)) I have the same issue with a Ring Floodlight Wired Plus

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve subscribed to the bug and hopefully we get some help.

Looks like issue was closed because it went stale. Do we need to create a new issue? I have 3 older floodlights that support light in HA but new Floodlight plus does not expose capability. Looks like the plus supports brightness settings which probably changes the api

Also seeing this issue with “Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro” devices, would really like to be able to trigger the siren and also enable/disable the lights from Home Assistant.

The Ring app is actually quite limited in this regard, if you disable the lights you can’t even have them on when you’re away from home (I’d like to just have them come on when we’re out, or the system is armed). Being able to trigger them from HA is going to really help.

I have the same issue with the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus. I have no possibility to either turn on/off the lights or the sirene.

//Update:
I just tried the current ring_doorbell API 0.7.1. This is the same library that is also used by the Homeassistant Integration. Using this API, it is possible to turn the lights of the Wired Plus Cam “on” and “off”. Since the current Homeassisant Integration also relies on 0.7.1, I doesn’t seem to be a bug or an issue with the Ring API and the corresponding library. Thus, the issue could be related to the current implementation of the integration.

//Update 2:
My previous update was not really correct. After more invesigtation, I found out that I’m indeed able to control the current new type of floodlight with the API. However, the functionality that returns if a device has a capability, fails for the new floodlights. So the issue is really in the underlying library ring-doorbell. I found out, that there already exists a pull request for supporting the new floodlight type since September. Unfortunately, the pull request was not accepted yet and no new version was published.

I can not see an open pull request, did anyone submit one?

Hi, is there any update to this please? I am unable to turn the light on of my Ring Floodlight Cam Pro from within HA but can from the Ring app.
Many thanks

Good morning. I’m just reading this post now and I see it’s from 2019. Is this still the case for the having control of the actual flood light through home
Assistant. I only recently set up your RING-MQTT a few months ago and not sure if things have changed. I have the flood light camera shipping as we speak so I’m just starting to research

This thread is about the native HA Ring integration, it has nothing to do with ring-mqtt. I haven’t used the native HA Ring integration in years so I can’t answer any questions about it. I can say that Ring devices still use a polling based API and that in ring-mqtt I use an internal state to try to compensate for this behavior.

Forgive me if I’m still confused? But is there a way to turn the ring light on and off with home assistant or must I still use the ring app?

Did 22.7 cause an issue with Live view? I have snapshots but live view is down. I restarted Ring-MQTT. Still nothing. I dont know what to check