Ring integration setup fails

container_name: home-assistant
  image: homeassistant/home-assistant:0.104.0b5

I never had it working before. Still fails for me with the latest HA build.
I see an error in the logs that says

Missing access token parameter

Is there anything else needed for the basic setup besides what the docs say? I’ve got this in my config only.

# Example configuration.yaml entry
ring:
  username: YOUR_USERNAME
  password: YOUR_PASSWORD

The solution is to wait for the next HA release.

ah. From what @robfish said above, I thought this was it. Just checked though and latest stable docker image is still 103x. Thanks for clarifying.

If you move to the beta channel and install the latest version then you need to remove ALL ring config from your configuration.yaml. (the ring: tag with username and password, camera and sensor entries etc)

Once you reboot, go to the Integrations page and add Ring from there. Mine is working OK, but missing all the sensors for WiFi signal from both the doorbell and chime entities.

If you remove it and add it again they Will appear

0.104.0 has just been released (not Beta)

Hooray :sparkler:

I saw docker stable is also updated. Do I need to remove and add again? or just pull the latest docker image and it will work?

You need to add it through Configuration > Integrations.

I added it tonight, but the doorbell motion sensor never seems to trigger in HA. Anyone else experiencing this?

Everyone.
No motion
No ding
Last motion ok
Last activity ok

Thanks @Harry13. Glad its not just me!

Mine is working OK

Mine is all working now. Note all entity names are changed!

Now my question, now do we remove those old useless entity names?

From entities register
If you removed all ring entries from your config, integration, camera, binary sensor and sensor entries
If you cant remove it from there they will go on the next reboot.
You could also hack the entities file if your game.
Yes
Mine use to be called camera.ring_front_door and now its just camera.front_door.

Just confirming:

• Removed ring entry in configuration.yaml

• Updated to 0.104.0

• Removed Ring integration from Integrations page

• Removed all ring entities from Entities list

• Restarted HA

• Added Ring integration on Integrations page (Two-factor authentication working without problems)

• As noted above: ring_ in the entity names has been removed. Example: Was sensor.ring_hoveddor_battery, but now is sensor.hoveddor_battery.

All looking good now! :smiley:

Updated to 0.104.0, removed and re initialised Ring integration and all the WiFi sensord for Doorbells and Chimes are still missing…

hi,when I try to add the ring integration it returns me to the integration homepage.
I have everything erased from the previous installation, entities and configuration
im using hassi.io on docker with ubuntu

pickle file?

I delete this one:
config/.ring_cache.pickle
I just saw this directory too, is it normal?
config/ring_doorbell

And this in the log:

Error occurred loading config flow for integration ring: cannot import name ‘Auth’ from ‘ring_doorbell’ (/config/ring_doorbell/init.py)