Ring integration setup fails

Perfect thanks enabled 2fa and it seems to have made the automation more reliable but still getting some failures but with code 400 this time going to monitor it over the next day or so to see what happens

OK, I was hoping that there is an easier solution.

Check you dont have ring_doorbell folder in you config or custom components folder

Ok, this is strange.

OK, this looks like a bug. Using the sensor entities in a glance and an entities card, respectively, looks like this

Thanks for your suggestion. I had already removed the ring folder in custom components and canā€™t find any trace left of Ring. Iā€™ve rebooted several times and also set up a new Ring user & password. Unfortunately I still keep getting the same error: ā€˜The client is not authorized to request a token using this method.ā€™

Try this

pip install \
    git+https://github.com/tchellomello/python-ring-doorbell@master

Is there a way to try that using hass.io?

Ssh web terminal
Protection off
Once in
docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash

1 Like

I set up SSH & Web Terminal and ran the pip install sucessfully (thanks for the tip!)
Rebooted and tried again to add the integration but still getting the same error message.

The problem was my chrome browser. Pop-up for 2FA didnā€™t show upā€¦ On my iPhone it worked.

I have the problem that my motion is not detected? This is not changing and in the history tab I donā€™t see itā€™s detected on the moment.
But when you see the last motion itā€™s about an min ago.

I seem to have the same problem, all but binary sensor for motion is working.
But not Motion, the only one which is still not working.

Anyone? Any ideas why?

I have no answer for you except you must have a ring_doorbell folder somewhere in your config :sob:
or the account is wrong ?..

@silver323 @theleshek
are you on 104.1 ?

@Harry13 No iā€™m on 104

wasnā€™t really a question more the answer

Well look to me to an question.
What is the answer then?

Donā€™t you have sometimes that just after you post about some issue it resolves it self!?!

Iā€™m on 104, Ring setup up as integration, I have rebooted HA and PC several times with no luck.
Also followed any suggestion could find as well as I have installed what @Harry13 have posted above and reboted few more times system with no luck.

Minute ago I have restarted again and BOOM it is working. No clue why, but it is.

yeah, i updated,and no climate, no ecovac, no weather, issue setting up
reboot and all okay
except my deconz keeps dropping and having to be reconfigured, i;m going to check if i did or didnā€™t disable the modemmanager.
donā€™t you just love home automation.