Ring integration setup fails

getting this error from time to time:

2020-01-20 17:41:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of camera.front_doorbell_pro_2 is taking over 10 seconds
2020-01-20 17:41:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for camera.front_doorbell_pro_2 fails

@silver323 @Snuf1
The entity name changedā€¦
Check it. That messed me up as well.

update to 0.104.3 to fix this issue.

1 Like

Try to go outside in front of the camera and generate motion for 20 seconds, then check the entity to see if it updated. The entity only updates while the device is actively streaming to Rings servers.

I am running stable tag of docker, how do I know if this has been included in the most recent stable tag of docker image?

Check your HA version under the Developer Tools -> Info.

Latest version was published 7 hours ago.

@Sir_Goodenough What do you mean by entity name changed? If you mean without the ā€œringā€ name in the entity, i know.
But these are the new entities.

OK. The take the ring thing out messed me up until I reset them in lovelace, your question looked similar.
I am running without 2fa, no subscription, but my sensors for motion , battery, and ding and a few others are coming thru ok now. My .yaml for binary sensor, sensor, and the ring integration are all completely empty.
Going to try to break it later in the week and install 2fa.

Yeah Iā€™ve deleted all the ring from the yaml files. So that would be okay.
Iā€™m also running without 2fa and all the other sensors are working. But only the binary sensors are not working.
Will see it in the next update.
Thanks

sorry I meant that for homeassistant/home-assistant:stable docker image, how do we know what version is it? (like 0.104.0 or 0.104.3)

iā€™m running version 0.104.3 and Ring binary sensor and Ding does not update. It pick up the last event time. But, sensors doesnā€™t seems to know about it.

Anyone have any idea what I might be missing? I still keep getting the ā€œunexpected errorā€ when I try to add via the integrations page. Iā€™ve deleted everything I can find in the config folder and I donā€™t see any pickle file. Iā€™ve even looked for hidden folders in WinSCP. HELP!!

Same here for me.

Is Ring integration still broken in 104.3? Iā€™m struggling to keep up with all the suggestions in this thread.

I have a Floodlight cam and a Doorbell - both worked fine several updates ago with camera previews on separate cards for each cam, and little icons below to show battery state, wifi strength, etc. and then Ring API-gate happened, and Iā€™ve had problems since.

The cam previews are back with 104.3, but all of the other entities are showing unavailable. Is it just a case of sitting and waiting for the necessary updates to fix all of these? Where do I go to find info on latest fixes (Iā€™m using Hass IO on RPi)?

Thanks

Wifi Strength is gone, everything else should still be there.

Sounds like your entity IDā€™s changed, check the integration to see what they changed to.

Correct wifi strength was always an odd one because these devices are stationary so the state shouldnā€™t be updating that much honestly. I personally never used it.

I used to monitor it due to poor response times from the doorbell, but I since resolved that by adding another wifi AP closer to the doorbell.

Aha, they removed the ā€˜ringā€™ prefix on the entity names, now I see it.

Thanks, Iā€™ve been scratching my head on this all afternoon.

Shame about no longer having the WiFi strength entity. Despite the devices being stationary, mine are always on the cusp of ā€œweak signalā€, which prevented the cameras from uploading the latest snapshots to the cloud.
For me, it was useful to see the WiFi signal strength to know whether the snapshot was a recent one or likely to be from earlier. Itā€™s always a bit disconcerting when I know the car is on the drive but I canā€™t see it because the snapshot was from when my wife took it out earlier in the day!

Was this a Ring decision to remove the feature or is it still there and just a case of waiting for the integration to implement it again?