Rollease Acmeda Automate Pulse hub integration

Mine hasn’t worked for a few days now. I tried the disconnect - reconnect in IFTTT but it errors out.
Just when i had all my blind automations nicely working!

@James_Rees @cryptelli @stavroz and i guess @ having issues and reading this…

After trying a few things, i dont really think it is an issue with IFTTT… seems more like an issue on the Acmeda end… I also have a number of batter powered Acmeda Rollease blinds and as of yesterday morning (about 40 hours now), i have lost access to them from both IFTTT AND Amazon Echo. If it was only IFTTT, i would still be able to find them on my echo, but because they are not showing on my echo as well, it would make sense it is a Acmeda wide issue…

Has anybody reported an issue to Acmeda?

Agreed, was referring to the IFTTT integration provided by Rollease.

I’ve sent an email, waiting for a reply.

Thanks for the update…

Just got this back from Acmeda

Hi Michael,

Thank you for you email.

We are experiencing issues between Automate Pulse, IFTTT and Alexa the service is down at the moment.

We have escalated this issue with our service providers.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will be back to you as soon as we have a resolution.

Technical Support Officer
Rollease Acmeda Australia
110 Northcorp Boulevard Broadmeadows VIC 3047
rolleaseacmeda.com

Identical as the one I received, fingers crossed it’s restored sooner than later. I dislike the mobile app and use HA exclusively for controlling my blinds.

Hi All,

Just got an email from Acmeda advising the issue should now be resolved. I have successfully rediscovered my devices on Alexa (without having to disable and re-enable the skill) and also connected on IFTTT (had to reconnect my service ie login to acmenda in IFTTT).

M

1 Like

Just tried connecting to my Google Assistant today and getting the same issue, not finding any devices. Anyone else?

I have the same problem « options not found », and even after disconnect and reconnect to the Rollease Acmeda account from IFTTT, nothing change.

Someone could help ?

Note that my iPhone is set to French Canadian. The Rollease Acmeda application is working well on my IPhone but maybe that it could make a difference on data transmission?!?

Had to order it from the USA… Not available in Canada.

Yup not available in Canada. Would you mind sharing a link to where you ordered it from in the USA?
thanks

https://www.avoutlet.com/window-treatments/shade-components/motorized/remote-controls/rollease-mtrf-wifibridge-kit-mobile-device-interface/

Took about 5 days to receive it and no custom fees :wink:
Note, I’m having issues using alexa/ifttt with it. From what I am reading, this stopped working on February 9th (2019). The app on my phone does work fine.

Good luck!

Thanks for link!

Well, I got the hub and got it all set up but like some other users I am getting ‘Options Unavailable’ when trying to use IFTTT. IFTTT is my only way to integrate the shades with HA that I know of. Has anyone found a solution to this?
thanks

Just email Rollease Acmeda and ask them to do a manual sync on your account, should fix the problem.

Is there a specific email address to use, or can I just email [email protected] ?

I have been trying to decide between Somfy and Acmeda… reading through this thread I think the safe bet would be Somfy. How have your Acmeda rollers been apart from these problems lately?

A quick update after my message a little while ago. My new blinds arrive on Monday, but I got the hub a few days ago. After some experimenting with RS485 cables and adapters, I have successfully connected to the hub over RS485 using Python.

I can’t do much else yet, since I have nothing to control, but the hub does at least respond and I can flash its light to identify it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool. Please keep us updated on your progress. I would be interested in direct control of the hub rather than having to use IFTTT.
thx

I got my shades 2 weeks ago. The Automate application (Android) is working fine, it was very easy to link the devices to the hub. However i was not able to integrate into IFTTT. I keep getting “options unavailable”. I am not sure if the problem reported by acmeda as been resolved with their provider but obviously, it’s not working for me. I’d rather have a direct integration with Google instead of going through IFTTT… Could you tell if the problem is still pending or fixed? Thanks

I contacted [email protected], and got a response pretty quickly by someone named George.

They reset my Pulse account, and Alexa discovery started working. The Alexa commands turn <on/off> scene name aren’t very intuitive. Does anyone have a tip/trick for usage?

After disconnecting/reconnecting, I was able to get IFTTT integration working for Google home as well.

Note that scene name updates require a “reset” as well. I hope they fix this up soon!