Roof Window manual control with correct icon

Hi,

i´m having a roof window which is able to open and close within two binary signales.
At the moment i implemented this with to (knx) switches. This is a really unsatisfactory solution. My actual goal would be that the roof window can be operated similarly to the covers (and is also displayed similarly in the dashboard).

How do you think this could be solved?

Best regards,

Arma

What signals does it need exactly? Does it have some kind of status signal?

Maybe just configure it as Knx cover.

KNX Cover is not working ( to my knowlege). It is only having two (binary) signals.
Up and Down.

That is exactly what a KNX cover requires - one GA providing a binary up/down signal (move_long_address).

Sounds logical, i just don´t get it under my belt how this should work. I have to actor Signals (And two groupadresse) with the type 1.001.
How is it possible to connect the Cover Up/Down Signal from homeass to the two groupadresses. or otherwise how is there any possibility to made to put the two actor signals in one group adress?

Sry for this (maybe) stupid questions and thank you for your patience!

Ah, I see. So you have 2 options now:

• use some kind of logic (KNX native / HA automation / etc.) to convert the signal (bidirectionally) to have it send to one (new) GA where for UP you send a 0 and for DOWN you send a 1 (binary - DPT 1). Use this new GA with the knx cover configuration.
    If you also have a way (extra GA) to stop the action you will be able to partly open/close the window and also have “opening” and “closing” states.
  • use a Template Cover with the knx.send service for the open_cover and close_cover services accordingly. This will just send the signal and assume the window is open immediately, I think.

thanks for your help. didn´t get the knx.send service! this service is pretty cool!

This is my solution:

alias: Dachfenster
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - cover.dachfenster
    id: auf
    enabled: true
    to: opening
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - cover.dachfenster
    to: closing
    id: ab
    enabled: true
condition: []
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: trigger
            id: auf
        sequence:
          - service: knx.send
            data:
              address: 1/1/0
              payload: true
      - conditions:
          - condition: trigger
            id: ab
        sequence:
          - service: knx.send
            data:
              address: 1/1/1
              payload: true
    default: []
mode: single

Alright! Is cover.Dachfenster a template_cover or knx cover?

If former you can use the service directly in declaration - no need for an extra automation.

If latter you may spare one trigger as it does send a 1 for closing anyway (that is, if your actuator doesn’t care about the 0 payload when opening).

its a knx cover!

Ok. Then you should do a automation to send a 0 if a 1 is received at the UP address. That way the state will be correct when you triggered the window from outside of HA.