Roomba help

I have been wrestling with Roomba in Hass for a few days and cannot for the life of me get it to not show up as unavailable.

From my configuration file:
vacuum:

• platform: roomba
    host: 192.168.2.250
    username: 3167C91831037820
    password: :1:1546984978:cgN5BfoKllj10qs1

Here are the two messages I am getting:
Please make sure your blid and password are correct

3:59 PM /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/roomba/roomba.py (ERROR)

Roomba Connected with result code 5

3:59 PM /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/roomba/roomba.py (ERROR)

I used this to get my BLID and PW: Get Roomba BLID & PW the easy way (using Windows)

I double-checked them at least 20 times. I am out of ideas and still a noob with YAML and HA. Any help is insanely appreciated (I would say I am pulling my hair out but I am already bald). Thanks!!

Because of the : in yaml, I believe you have to set your password in quotes like this password: ':1:1546984978:cgN5BfoKllj10qs1' :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion but exact same result. Argh!

Then I guess that the IP might be wrong? Or that the IP is to another device and not the roomba? Whenever I have an outage at home the IP of my roomba changes, and I get a ‘password incorrect’ in the logs (just noticed due to an outage yesterday :stuck_out_tongue: )

I double-checked the IP both in the python script and on the router’s admin and both are the roomba. I am completely out of ideas. I removed the app from my phone as I thought maybe that was interfering. No difference. I can ping it through command prompt if that means anything. But keep getting the same error #5. Don’t know what that means. Maybe you can’t do it with the 675 model.

I wanted to update that I figured it out. It was completely and totally user error. I thought one of the l’s was a 1 in my password. The amount of hours I spent looking at those is insane for it to be that stupid. I will go bury my head in the sand now. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Haha, easy mistake to fix though! :smiley: Glad you got it working!