Rsync Addon(s)

Logo

Sync folders to a remote machine via ssh and rsync.

Addon Stage Supports aarch64 Architecture Supports amd64 Architecture Supports armhf Architecture Supports armv7 Architecture Supports i386 Architecture

Add repository on my Home Assistant Install on my Home Assistant Donate

To the Addon: Hassio-Addons/rsync at master · Poeschl/Hassio-Addons · GitHub

And for local storage devices:

Logo

Sync folders to a external usb drive connected to the supervisor host with rsync.

Addon Stage-local Supports aarch64 Architecture Supports amd64 Architecture Supports armhf Architecture Supports armv7 Architecture Supports i386 Architecture

Add repository on my Home Assistant Install on my Home Assistant Donate

To the Addon: Hassio-Addons/rsync-local at master · Poeschl/Hassio-Addons · GitHub

If issues occur please use the GitHub issue boards, since I’m only on the community forum from time to time.

1 Like

Nice one bro

Just found your add-on. Could it somehow be used to sync the SSL folder on home assistant to a remote machine? I’m assuming not, because most of these add-ons are containerized, but it sure would be nice if I can do this.

All available folders are mounted into the addon. So syncing the /ssl folder should work out of the box.

Ok. Thank you.

By default most setups use rsync to copy files from HA to a remote location. Is it possible to do the reverse?
I would like to use HomeAssistant as my backup server. I want to use rsync to back up a folder on my PC to my Home Assistant on my raspberry pi. I only need a one way sync. I know I need rsync to be available on both machines. Does this addon support syncing files to a folder on HA?

1 Like

You could use Syncthing. I’m using it to sync my mobile phone and my laptop to ha server. I use separate ssd disk for syncing my data. I does run without an issue, have one way sync, but on Debian you should use some other repo for syntching binary. I can’t check repo url right now. On mob I use synchting - fork app as it works without problems.

Hope this helps.