Running a HA Yellow on different wifi and LAN?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong category! Happy to delete/repost!)

Is it possible to run a Home Assistant device simultaneously connected to 2 different networks?

I’m looking at setting up a HA Yellow, using a CM4 with built-in wifi. I’d love to connect the wifi to my “sketchy IoT” VLAN that serves all of the dubious little wifi-connected “smart home” devices that I’d like to keep sequestered from my “real network”… and connect the LAN to my real network so that I can access Home Assistant locally from my “real” devices (computers/smartphone/etc.). (Communication is not permitted between the two VLANs.)

Is Home Assistant capable of running in this type of configuration? If so, is any additional setup needed or is it just plug and play?

Thanks!

HA is not designed for this so you would be doing something that isn’t supported.

A similar discussion:

Are the 2 networks physically separated? normally you may have these vlans connected to each other and a firewall rule preventing IOT access to Main and allowing main needed access to IOT.

Yes, even if physically seperated this can work. I imagaine the only thing that you may find necessary is the need to create static routes on the HA device but I think even that may not be needed. Since it has both IP it may know to use for example

IOT to access IP 192.168.0 20 through the IOT gateway 192.168.0.1
AND
MAIN to access IP everything else since IOT will fail for all other routes.

I however forget this detailed function so give it a try and see what you get.