Sagemcom router support

My integration will only work when you have the same internal API available. Could you have a look in the network tab in your browser console? You should see the requests there, if they make any a XHR requests.

I checked the network tab, there are many XHR requests but I don’t know which information you need.

@imick

My router F@st 5655V2 is supported and I was able to comple integration, creating devices and entities.
But entities do not get updated (home/unavailable) if I disconnect from wifi. It is only working if restarting HA or reloading integration.
Please is there any way to get it working?
Thanks a lot!

Hi David! The integration is currently very basic / not fully working unfortunately. I haven’t had time to work on this integration lately, since I spent most of my spare time on refactoring the Somfy TaHoma integration.

Maybe next weekend I will have some time, let me have a look… If someone would like to team up, please let me know.

HI Mick,

do you have time to work on this integration soon?
I would lovce to help you but I have no idea on how it works :slight_smile:

thank you,

happy new year!

Hi Maxime,

I just came back from vacation and will have a look this/next week. There was some activity on GitHub as well, thus I will spend some more time on it again :slight_smile:.

If there is someone with Python knowledge in this topic, feel free to reach out! I will start with improving the Python client API and afterwards fix the Home Assistant implementation.

1 Like

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to spend any time on this lately, most of my spare time went to the Somfy TaHoma integration. As a second issue, my VPN to the location where the Sagemcom router is stopped working. I am not able to develop further, until I visit my family and re enable the VPN…

If someone would like to help (and has basic Python knowledge), feel free to reach out! Would be good to understand how many users are waiting for a Sagemcom integration as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just started on a full rewrite of the integration. The client api has been fully rewritten already, now I will start with the Home Assistant integration. Currently the new version has better error reporting, which makes it easier to understand why some models don’t work yet.

Latest version can be downloaded from; https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-sagemcom-fast/archive/dev.zip. Unzip this file and place custom_components/sagemcom_fast in your custom_components folder.

I would like to understand whom are available to test in the coming weeks and which devices / models you have :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Great job and would be nice to get me stats from the Sagemcom device like uptime etc.

Tried to install the integration but getting the following error:
2021-01-22 09:16:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration sagemcom_fast: cannot import name ‘EncryptionMethod’ from ‘sagemcom_api’ (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sagemcom_api/init.py)

Using delta as ISP in bridge mode FAST3890V3_DELTA-SIP_sw05.76.9.7k-3 wich still is reachable on 192.168.100.1

@reddwarf are you sure that you are using the new version I just linked? This looks like the previous version, instead of the latest dev version.

By the way, I have exactly the same router (not in bridge mode) to test on via Delta/Zeelandnet.

My fault, I still had the HACS integration installed. Removed the installation/repo, restarted HA, cleared cache and did a manual install in custom_components/sagemcom_fast. (moved the sagemcom_fast directory from the zip file). Restarted HA again but I can’t find the sagemcom in ‘set up a new integration’

Maybe I did introduce something in the latest version. Let me have a look at it this weekend. I need to clean up the code anyways and do some releases, thus I will make sure they appear in HACS again. :slight_smile:

@imick Thanks for the quick reply and send me a message if you need some testing. Have a nice weekend in advance!

@imick Tested it on a clean rpi2 docker install and an Eir F3000 (Irish ISP-branded “SagemCom Fast5366SD”, or that’s what it appears as in HA).

Setup all worked okay but had to try a few different encryptions before finding the correct one. Is it possible to have the component detect this automatically? I had to re-enter the settings each time which was more a usability issue for the average user than a problem.

Will let it run for a while and let you know if I see any issues.

Good to hear that it works! Indeed, the encryption method choice is not great yet. Hopefully I am able to add a ‘unknown’ option in the future which will test all possible options. For now you will have to try ‘MD5’ and ‘SHA512’ first. The default HA behavior where the form is emptied is something I would like to workaround as well.

One of the issues you will face is that devices that disconnect won’t be shown as ‘away’ in Home Assistant. The integration is still very very basic. If anyone here has Python skills, feel free to join the project :slight_smile: .

Did you use MD5 or SHA512? It would be good to add those details to our table.

Thanks for the effort you’ve put into this and the previous version. I’ll have a look at the code but my Python (and programming in general) skills are fairly basic.

I got it to work with the MD5 option.

Yes, I was about to comment that this wasn’t working.

I just published an initial 0.1 version to HACS. From now on, best way to keep up to date is to use HACs or to watch the GitHub repository for new releases.

Please note that there have been some breaking changes compared to older versions, best is to first remove your integration from Home Assistant and than re add the integration.

Please report bugs via GitHub issue tracker.

3 Likes

Flawless installation with the 0.1 version with HACS :smiley:

Got 2 devices:

• FAST3890V3_DELTA-SIP with right firmare
  • My router wichis connected in bridge mode

Great to hear! :+1:. Let me know which sensors make sense to show in your scenario, not sure what makes sense in bridge mode.

Hehe… was asking myself the same question but would be nice to know if the WAN interface is available and keep track of my ISP