Samba share AND Windows 11 NOT WORKING!

sudo sudo sudo :wink: Thank You very much, but i don’t have a linux machine at the moment available, i could install but ufff i prefere if possible a more easy solution! Thank You anyway!

The first part in this manual is for Windows 11, the second part is for Linux. You don’t need sudo or a linux machine for these instructions.

Try solid explorer app on android. It is working for me on Android to home-assistant.

Already tried that, same result.

Thank You very much the setting was already right…

windows 11 for default in funzionality has active only smb direct,
I tryed also to active smb 1.0 and windows subsystem for linux
but still not work!!!
But i repeat it works with other linux device like NAS and Volumio
I think the problem is in the home assistant samba App!

how did you install solid explorer app in Windows 11?

If other linux devices can see it but windows 11 cannot, it’s a windows 11 issue. Follow that guide posted above again and make sure the settings match the screenshots. If you can ping it, it should show up… so to clarify are you using the proper “access a network location” syntax? I.e. if your IP address is x.x.x.x, you’re typing \\x.x.x.x into the explorer window. Same with home assistant, \\homeassistant.

No! Windows 11 see other linux device!!!
I already done the test you suggest
Thanks!

I didn’t I used android.

I can access Synology NAS and Asus router running fresh tomato over samba from windows, but I can’t access Homeasssistant using samba, which was working fine until one month back ago(when I last accessed it)
typing \192.168.xx.xxx\config gave this error, even though I can ping it without any issue from windows.

I was trying to follow this method since 3 days and finally succeeded. mapped the drive and restarted the windows machine. Now I again able to use Samba

1 Like

That error means your windows is trying to connect with your windows login credentials. Map it to a drive and login with your HA credentials.

1 Like

But when i try after insered the lan address it give me an error “THE FOLDER IS NOT VALID” but this in not true, and i do not have the possibility to put credential!

What address did you enter?

\\homeassistant
\\192.168.0.x
\\192.168.0.x\config
x obviosly is the home assistant address

After multiple tries, it worked.

how many ;-)) ??
But is not normal!!!
There is something else!

you have to check connect using different credentials image

1 Like

And you entered this address in the map network drive field as in the screenshot that @yousaf465 posted?

By the way, you don’t need to hide the x, these are private network addresses, they are of no use for an attacker.

No offense, but you’ve supplied little to no information to the people trying to help you. I stopped replying to you after I saw all your other responses in this thread. I was replying to Yousaf465 in my last post. You can see that by the indicator in the top right of the post.

If you want help, I suggest you post relevant information with screenshots on what you’ve tried. So far, all you’ve said to every suggestion is “it doesn’t work”, which doesn’t tell supporters anything.

1. Post your samba share config in home assistant.
  2. Show the actual error messages you’re getting, not the abbreviated error messages translated by you. We want real error messages.
2 Likes