The Home Assistant UI for the samsung gear s2/s3 smart watches has officially landed in the app store! It has been tested only for the s2 and s3 watches. Currently it supports lights, switches, scripts, groups, and covers. You can find it by searching HomeAssistant in the app store. Enjoy!
Source code is available here: https://github.com/Jerrkawz/HAGearS3
- Find the app in the app store by searching for HomeAssistant and install it.
I am going to apologize in advance for the setup screen. These devices really weren’t meant to take this type of user input. But its only two boxes and its a one time thing, so for now it will be like this.
To actually type in this box you need to have disabled auto complete. On the S3 you can do this by going to
- Settings > General Management > Input > Keyboard Settings > SmartTyping > Predictive Text | OFF
- enter your url with the protocol, port number and all. For example: https://myurl.org
- Then enter your password carefully.
- Hit save. It should go back to the main page and you should briefly see a loading spinner. Then your list of entities should work.
If this doesn’t work make sure your url is accessible from wherever the watch is connect, check firewalls etc.