Samsung Gear S2/S3 Home Assistant UI now available in the app store!

@John_Bizeray Was the explanation above this post not enough? Its whatever you type in the address bar of the browser to get to your home assistant user interface

Hi! This looks awesome!

I’m thinking about buying a smartwatch\tracker, and I really like the Gear Fit2\Pro, because of it’s bracelet-like shape, which to me is much better than a larger circular watch.

I did some research, and as I understand it now is that in general it’s possible to write apps compatible with both Gear Fit and Gear S, as mostly it’s just UI difference for different screens.

I wonder if Home Assistant UI app is compatible with Gear Fit? And if not - how long will it take to tweak it?

The problem is that this app is like 90% UI. The rest of the code is just a few lines to call various services within home assistant (to get entities, switch the on/off etc) so it wouldn’t be worth porting the app, but you could borrow some of the service code. I don’t really have plans to do that at this time.

Very nice app! The only feature i’m really missing is light dimming/brightness right now.
Is there any progress in development from what is on github right now? And will you except pull requests?

Any possibility to incorporate S.Voice?

Not currently working on it, but i will accept prs

not at this time no

This is awesome!! Works perfect for me on Gear S3

Not sure why, but I can not find the app in de app store. Using a S3.

Hi,
You have to search it via the Galaxy Apps on your phone.
The direct link is
http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=LhGPLdV8nG

Couple of things I encountered.

Tried to access remotely but always got an unautorized error both on the watch the the HA ui. I can take the same url pump it into a web browser and no problem except: I am asked for a user name and password, Am I to assume I can not access the ui remotely via my watch?

Changed to url to a local ip and I got the same unauthorized error. Changed my password to something short and simple several times and still no luck. I cant imagine I typed the simple password wrong each attempt (at least 10 times)

Any advise??

1 Like

I was told there was a new authentication that takes a username. The app has not been updated to work with this authentication, only the password auth

1 Like

Do you know if there will be any more work on this? I just got the a samsung galaxy watch and it looks great on it, just cant sign in due to the new auth

Hi I just upgraded hass myself. You can still use api_password for now to let you use the watch. I will hopefully get a chance to work on it soon, i just dont have an environment anymore so I’d have to set up all of the dev stuff agian.

just tried this on latest version and working great. Thanks again.

I have no dev experience what so ever. would be nice setting the brightness / colour of the light’s led.

nice work anyway looking foward to any changes you make

Any details for making the api_password work?

Not sure if I’m supposed to be adding a flag to the URL or what exactly. Any hints would be appreciated.

I don’t yet own a Samsung watch, but having HA on a watch is enough reason to buy one.

One of the posts above says this app is available in the Samsung App store. Does this mean I also need a Samsung phone as well as the Samsung watch to make this app work or is the app downloaded directly to the watch via any Android phone?

Would be nice to post how one finds the ip address to set this up…

Hello @Jerrkawz

Will you also submit it for Gear Fit2?

Regards
Dan

Is this Samsung UI still working?

I seem to be able to login OK (using API password), but none of my lights etc show up. I just get a refresh symbol and a spinning light for a bit.

Any ideas what could be wrong?