Samsung Gear S2/S3 Home Assistant UI now available in the app store!

I second the question about if this is working still. Seems great but I haver the same issue as @Recneps

does this work on a Galaxy watch?
it is similar to Frontier

So is this a dead app now? Kind of disappointing
 I just found out about it! Looked nice though. Thanks for the work you put into it.

I can confirm that works perfectly on Samsung Galaxy watch SM-R800.
is there any chance that we will get app for Samsung smart TV with Tizen OS?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch and have installed the app for HA. I have filled in the ‘HA url’ and the password, but you cannot enter a user ID? If not, how do you create a connection to my HA that can be logged in without a user ID?

For everyone thinking this app’s dead, it’s not. It does need to be updated soon, but I can’t help with that sadly.

You need to set an API password to be able to connect with your watch (since Home Assistant only by default supports logins with username and passwords). This is my config:

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
    - type: homeassistant
    - type: legacy_api_password
      api_password: fancyAPIpassword

Find more information here. Do note that an API password can potentially reduce your HASS system’s security (since you no longer need a username), so make sure to use a fancy password.
I’ve used this to connect with my Galaxy Watch, and the app’s working perfectly fine! Thanks so much Jerrod :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I put the correct URL and password, and after I receive an error

status code 401
message an unknown error has occured

Well, I forked sclub’s modified version to work with Longlive Token instead of password and it works fine, and now I’m maintaining it -> https://github.com/mybabysexy/HAGearS3NG

3 Likes

Hi,
Where can I download it?

1 Like

How does one go about installing the forked version of the UI on a Samsung (Galaxy) Watch? The original version was installed by the UI for Home Assistant app in the Galaxy Store. None of the forked ‘NG’ version explain how to get the new version onto the watch.

1 Like

I also want to know how to install the fork version?

fanaticDavid moshe19803

Thank You!

I installed it for the watch but unfortunately it doesn’t work. The cl1p link does not work. “No valid token found for xy”

What’s the problem?

Thanks for the help!

im using my instance https://mydns:org:8123
should I use the port? if I don’t use it it does not work, if I use it i got the error 403 “Forbidden” but the token its correct :frowning:

I am updating the official app on the app store to work with my own credential sharing website, its currently in review in the app store. Stand by

2 Likes

Its in the app store guys, just pushed an update that hopefully solves some issues. If you have trouble loading your url or if you load it and then after you submit it says ‘Not Found’ please try disconnecting your watch from your phone and using the wifi on your watch.

The websockets don’t seem particularly long lived, i may rewrite the server implementation here pretty soon

Is this update only for s2 and s3 or also for the gear sport? I only see version 1.0.1 in the store. Last update is 21-12-2017

weird, maybe try restarting the app? the latest version is 1.0.2, although 1.0.1 will probably still work as well

Oh now it is there
 had to update the galaxy store
 updating right now

Sadly I am getting an error after it says installing

Fixed this by deleting the old 1.0.1 version. And then tried to install again.