Samsung TV 2014 H Series not working

I could have start a new topic but I thought it’s better to have all the troubleshooting about this custom component in one topic.
I succeeded to connect to my J6200 and it appeared in HA. I can adjust the volume and turn off the TV. Then I started watching TV but HA seems to be sending button presses to the TV randomly. When browsing the on screen menu it looks like every some seconds the “back” or “left” button is pressed.
Nobody was fooling around. Any ideas why this is happening?

Hi, I have a 2014 Samsung HU7500. I had read that it should be encrypted, but I’m not sure, I installed both the HACS SamsungTV Encrypted Component integration and tried the official Samsung Smart TV version. It’s not very clear to me what worked and what didn’t, now I find myself with two entities

I added it one of the two in the dashboard and I can turn it off, but not turn it on. I can’t find a way to change the channel, I can adjust the volume instead. Do you think I’m on the right track, or did I do something wrong?
Sorry, I’m really starting out with home assistant and I’m trying to figure out if I can integrate the TV via lan, since the Switchbot ir blaster I had is not compatible with Home Assistant

Have you tried this custom component?

Or this way? It seems to be quite straightforward to make a service call for the IR blaster. Only downside is the cloud connection.

Broadlink IR blasters are pretty cheap by the way, and documented and supported.

1 Like

Oh, and I see that support is coming…

1 Like

My knowledge is so limited that I wouldn’t know how to try either of your suggestions. I read the posts but I didn’t understand much. I wait and hope the integration will be made available to everyone in a simpler way I hope.

@Diegocampy, the official Switchbot Cloud support is coming, but first without the Hub Mini.

1 Like

Thanks, I ended up ordering a second Broadlink. Since I still have to redo my entire configuration on Google Home too, I will do everything from scratch with a second IR remote control that I already have integrated.

1 Like

Hello !

Infra red should be supported on the cloudy hub, the hub mini and the hub 2 (only tested with Hub mini).

1 Like