Samsung TV constantly needing to be reconfigured

Same thing! I notice that if the TV changes its IP address, the integration is doubleSchermata del 2022-01-28 15-49-18

1 Like

Same here - extremely annoying

Easy to fix, keep it at the same address.

The multiple integration issue happened to me as well, but not related to change in IP. TV is on static IP. Every time I clicked reconfigure, I got another duplicate integration. It disappears by it’s own though.

Coming back on the original issue. I have tried everything. Removed, reinstalled. But it keeps happening. Weirdly enough, sometimes it reconfigures itself, other times it remains in this state for days.

Keep what at the same address?

The television.

For me it is always the same. That is not the/an issue.

I was replying to this

1 Like

I was having the same issue with the reauthentication. With all other things attempted to no resolution, I found a setting on the Samsung TV which allowed me to reset the TV to factory settings (excluding internet access). I first removed the integration from Home Assistant, then I performed the the TV reset. With all that completed, I setup the TV again (connecting to all my streaming services, etc), then I reenabled Samsung on Home Assistant and restarted it. When it came back online, I was able to reconnect my TV (I ignored the DLNA setup because I don’t understand it yet and I wanted to reduce opportunities for failure). It has been several days and it is still working properly after several HA restarts and TV restarts. Good luck!

T

2 Likes

Just wait till it comes back and report here… it will come back. I did the same.

I am constantly having this issue as well.

I don’t have a Samsung, but I get similar with SAbnzbd. Every so often after a restart of HA Core, a notification will tell me a new device has been found and ask me to put by sabnzbd api key in. Pain in the ass logging into my server, finding the api key, pasting it into HA, etc etc.

However I have found that if I don’t set it up yet again, the error disappears on next restart, and sabnzbd works again

Makes me think that it may be some race condition where discovery finds sabnzbd before HA has finished restarting and setting up all the integrations.

So TL;DR what happens if you restart HA without setting up samsung again? Does the problem go away?

It appears that samsung can be discovered a number of ways https://github.com/home-assistant/core/blob/895aee3fb2ca7c0f8d6aeb694019334d47c035e9/homeassistant/components/samsungtv/manifest.json

I count ssdp, zeroconf, dhcp.

1 Like

No, that doesn’t solve it

I’m with you on this one. My newer TV is perfect, the older one is being a spastic, requesting re-config every 24 hours… everything (IoT inc TV’s) are on static IP. The older TV giving me problems has been re-set back to factory and has been re-moved and re-integrated to HA. Currently on Version
core-2022.2.6, supervisor-2022.01.1 and Home Assistant OS 7.4. Has been a problem ever since creation. Log’s show nothing helpful.

I am constantly having this issue too…

What version of HA. There was a samsung change in (I think) 2022.2.8 or .9

EDIT .9 https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/66731 but there were also samsung changes in .8.

All versions have the same issue. I am up to date and had it yesterday evening. For me restarting homeassistant always resolves it…

Funny because @petters said restarting ha did not fix it.

I can fix it in 2 ways:

1. restart HA
  2. reconfigure button and accept on TV

But it is back SO many times, I doubt to ditch this integration…

I think take it to github, there are at least 2 threads.