Samsung TV constantly needing to be reconfigured

Same here - every other day I need to press ‘reconfigure’. The TV needs to be switched on and running, otherwise it won’t work. If it is running, it takes just one second and everything is fine. I remember some months ago, I had to explicitly accept the request using the TV remote control. This is gone somehow.

This is happening to me over and over. TV is on static wired connection. Deleted and reinstalled but no matter what continuous times a day I have to reconfigure the integration.

Have you guys looked at the issues on github? There is progress is seems.

Experiencing the same!

Temporarily solved by performing one of these 2 actions.
pls help! :frowning:

There is soo much talk on this thread, impossible to find out what it is all about

My findings; the core intergation is (for me) indeed asking to reconfigure
I am using the HACS one …works fine …

Happy and not happy to see that I’m not the only one here in this case…

So apparently we have to wait.

Have you tried the fix suggested on github?

It happen to me and been disable that Samsung TV ever since. In my case the TV appear on
DLNA Digital Media Renderer and used that instead. Work nicely so far.

Have you tried the fix suggested on github?

I’m a bit lost… the fix is it the one based directly on the Samsung and deleting the input in the management device ?

Cause I’ve already done that…

No, the one the dev keeps on pointing everyone to Problema con smart tv samsung · Issue #67632 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Updated to 2022.04 HA which was supposed to have the fix included, deleted the entity and pairing on the TV and reconfigured. Device still needs constant reauthentication so isnt fixed for me.

The original PR for the fix talks about the cause being turning the TV off while its updating but in my case it does it multiple times even with the TV left turned on. Every 30mins or so

for me the workaround is to restart home assitant…

2022.4 is in beta. Beta issues are dealt with on discord, and/or github. Please post there.

Or are you talking about supervisor version? Updating supervisor to 2022.04 won’t fix an integration.

Hi,
I’m a bit confused… the 2022.4 fix the problem ?

Cause I don’t have yet access to this new version.

No. Unless you are in the beta program, you won’t have 2022.4. @Ryanmt is on about noone knows as he hasn’t been back. When he is, he might be able to clarify.

Apparently with the 2022.4 it seems better !

Nearly no fake signals… just one time to time.

If you are still having problems post an issue.

It’s not really issue, cause it’s clearly better… the job is perfect !

I will just give time to see if there is still fake signal… till now it seems calm.

By the way, nickrout, thanks a lot :clap:

1 Like