Satel integra with ETHM-1

Hi to all code owner of Satel Integra.
I have installed Home Assistant with the intention to integrated Satel Integra with my home automation system (homematic). I realized that Satel integration is not working for ETHM-1. Indeed the documentation is clear. The current integration works only with ETHM-1 Plus.
I have looked at the documentation of Satel and there should be possible to fix this.
As I am new to HA, it is not clear to me where is the source code of Satel integration. I mean the communication part and not the component service description.
I want to look at the communication part to see if I could debug this.
Thanks in advance.

Here is the code for the integration:

Thanks a lot.
I will look at it.

Hi Burningstone,
in the component code, init.py contains the call of the function for the communication, at least I guess so…

**AsyncSatel**(host, port, hass.loop, zones, monitored_outputs, partitions)

Where do I find the code of AsyncSatel()?
Thanks in advance.
MC.

In the satel-integra pyhon library (which is not owned/maintained by Home Assistant by the way)-> GitHub - c-soft/satel_integra

Thanks mate. I appreciate your help.

Have you figured a way to make ETHM-1 work with HA?

I solved using home assistant with openhab.
I’ve home assistant on rasperry Pi4 with docker installation. On the same device I installed openhab (docker installation).
With OpenHab I can use SATEL binding on ETHM-1 end I mapped all needed items.
Next I activated MQTT brocker on Home Assistant AND MQTT binding on openhab. I mapped all MQTT switch entities on Home Assistant for syncronize Openhab Items and now I can use Satel with openhab binding.
I use rasperry Pi 4 with 4 Gb of RAM and external SSD disk on USB 3 port for to use Home Assistant and openhab without problems.

Hi,
Could you please share your config from openhab ?
I would like to try with the same setup, Satel Integra and ETHM-1.

Home assistant side:
I installed Mosquitto addon with this configuration (mqtt_user is a new HA user craeted by me):

logins:
  - username: mqtt_user
    password: mqtt_user
anonymous: false
customize:
  active: false
  folder: mosquitto
certfile: fullchain.pem
keyfile: privkey.pem
require_certificate: false

I created this switch (I had many switches for Satel):

switch:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Allarme inserito"
    state_topic: "casa/allarme/inserito"
    command_topic: "casa/allarme/inserito"
    payload_on: "ON"
    payload_off: "OFF"
    retain: false

Openhab:
I created a MQTT broker thing

And after I created generic MMQT thing

with channel linked to openhab item:

Openhab item is not linked with openhab satel items, but I have roules for to synchronize openhab SATEL item with MQTT item.

When MQTT items changes value the value of the homeassistant switch changes with the same value and viceversa.

P.S.: If are you italian you can send to me a PM ([email protected]) fore more info

wow, thank you so much, I will try with this configuration on my end and I will keep you posted :slight_smile:

Hi guys. I have some new information in regards to the topic.
Setup:
Raspberry PI 4b
Home Assistant in Docker.
Satel Integra 128 WRL + ETHM-1 Plus
INT-IORS (light control)
Google Nest mini + Amazon Echo Dot + Yandex Station mini (russian voice assistant).
All three voice assistants are connected using free methods (developer accounts).
If you read properly you would have notice I have Ethm-1 plus. But I only had it for a limited time (while building another Satel system for someone). When time came to remove it and install non Plus version HA integration stopped working and I couldn’t control my lights and heating using HA. In the evening I was going to bed and asked Alice (Yandex Station mini) to switch the lights off and it worked. Only then I remembered that ETHM-1 was switched to non Plus version. I have tried all 3 voice assistants and they all worked both with voice and their applications.
Have no idea how does it work, but it does :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I will be reinstalling HA and will update you on it.
Btw. Home assistant app (web ui) can not control integra. Only voice assistants :flushed:

I feel a bit stupid, but I cannot find how to add this integration.
I have an eth1-plus so i should be able to add tihs.
The integration looks verry promissing to me because I could use the for detection is I am away and run a light plan in that situation.

Hi How do I add the satel integration? Can you explain that?

Hi Bert,
just did this an hour ago;

1. configure Satel Eth1-plus; You have to be able to access the panel through the DLOADX-ETHM connection in the DLOADX program, PC (the easiest way - its a little bit confusing through the keypad)
  2. In the ETH1+ setup enable “Integration” and choose port “7094”
  3. Than in HA open “File Editor” - go to “configuration.yaml” and copy/paste/edit/change the example at the bottom of the page here: Satel Integra - Home Assistant
  4. Test HA on “Developer Tools” and restart HA if green message:“Configuration will not prevent Home Assistant from starting!”
  5. onces HA comes back go to the Dashboard “add card” choose “Alarm panel” - and the Satel entity, should be shown as the name of Your “Partition” in the Satel panel.

Hope this helps for the start.
:crossed_fingers:

Hi Thanks a lot.
But how do I add the integration? I tried searching it in HA foir the add-on but neither satel nor integra gives a result

no need to add any integration - just copy/paste the example link i sent before - and change according to Your system settgins. Thats it.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, :sunglasses: I got the impression that an addon / integration was required first.
There is so much to learn about HA and I am pretty new to all this stuff. Your explanation looks clrear for me. I am not a programmer myself. Did some basic, assembly and pascal in the past but stopped when this was replaced by C and C++ with object oriented. Job is electronics and programmetd pascal for test purposes , but this stuff is so much different;)

I will try this later this week, when I have alittle more time.
Of course I first make a backup of my HA as it is now,.

1 Like

Great, I gave it working, I can see he motionsensors now.
Any clue how I can see in which mode my alarm is switched on?
Away or Sleep mode (at home)
Tried to use the sleep mode pushbutton to switch to sleep mode but in the ‘House’ entity it is reported as away

Great! :slight_smile:
I am working on this too right now; to see how much data some can get out of the system. Will update once I have some results.