Scheduler card/custom component

Best would be to create an automation that disables the schedule while your thermostat is in eco (since you want to override it temporarily).
When the schedule is turned on, it will (re-)execute the action of the timeslot it is in.

1 Like

There seems to be a difference of opinion from f whether set hvac mode should automatically be called when set point is set.

Thx! Works perfect!

I have set up a calendar to close the shutters 15 minutes after sunset. That did not work. If I set the time manually it works. There are no relevant error entries. Other items that were set before or exactly at sunset worked. Just not the entries that are configured after sunset. As in this case the roller shutters. What could be the problem?
Scheduler component V2.1.1
HASS V118.0

type: 'custom:scheduler-card'
title: Rollladen
include:
  - cover.rollladen_gesamt
  - cover.rollladen_ohne_schlafzimmer
  - cover.schlafzimmer_jalousie_schlafzimmer
  - input_boolean.weihnachten_mode
  - light.led_markise_terrasse friendly_name LED
display_options:
  primary_info: '{name} - {entity} : {action}'
  secondary_info:
    - relative-time
customize:
  group.family_presents:
    states:
      - home
      - not_home
time_step: 1
discover_existing: false

The scheduler creates switch.schedule_xxxxxx entities.
I recommend you to check the history of the schedule that has a problem.
It should change from state waiting to triggered when the time is due.
You can also see the planned trigger time in the next_trigger property.

Yes, I will check this. But now I can’t set the sunset time more than 2h.

In the conditions, why the binary sensors are reported as Open/Closed event when they are not device_class doors? I gave a generic binary_sensor rain_today to use as condition. Is odd to see: Rain Today is Open.
I think generic binary_sensors should be True/False.

is there a way to have a condition based on sensor state? and what about based on location?

In the meantime I have proceed another Hass update and therefor a restart of the system. in seems that the scheduler is working without any problems. I don‘t know why I noticed trouble before. But nevertheless it‘s working. @neliss thanks for your support.

You’re right, but the conditions UI is still in ‘beta’.
I don’t like the way it looks currently, will clean it up when i find the time for it.

Both are possible. The documentation (in the bottom) tells you how you can add any HA entity for a condition.

Hm weird… Hope all keeps working as it should. If not, then let me know.

oh. Maybe that’s why all my tests with conditions failed. I think something is wrong in that part.
If I add any condition with a binary_sensor like I show above, it doesn’t matter the state, it never triggers the schedule. If I delete the condition, it runs fine.

No I am only referring to the UI (the layout of the editor).
The processing of the conditions is in place and should work.
Many users make already use of this functionality, no issues are reported so far (i think it was released about a month ago).
If you really think there is a problem here, please create a GitHub issue in the component with supporting info.

Yes. I found the error in the log.
Issue: Schedule not triggered with condition (binary sensor) ¡ Issue #63 ¡ nielsfaber/scheduler-component ¡ GitHub

I would like to switch the Alarm Control Panel on and off automatically via the scheduler. Unfortunately, you cannot do this without entering the code. Is there a solution here to implement this via the customize input?

Yes you can, check out this issue

Yes, that’s it.

Hi,

I’m asking me what I’m doing wrong. I want to set some covers to a postision after sunset +20 minutes. Here my Settings:

What I’m doing wrong?
FYI: I tested it with automation tasks and these are working fine.

Thank you!

Looks good, it should work.
Just make sure that you have your (approximate) location configured in HA, so that the sunset time is matching.
In the overview you should see when the schedule will trigger.

I saw the execution times which are OK, but nothing happened, that’s the issue

Hi
I love this component but for some reason, I can not instal it correctly.
I am not sure what am I doing wrong.
I downloaded all necessarily created folders restarted and still do not see the card or any opportunity to do anything with it.
In Integration i see
one device

and inside i see this

If i try to add automation i get this info