Scheduler card/custom component

Great!

Using “{name}: {action}” all is as I wanted to show :wink:
Because in documentation was written only “{entity}: {action}” I was not sure about the use of {name}

Maybe this feature could be added in UI? So that after changing the Name the action can be still shown?

Thanks!

Additional Info:
Using this setting “{name}: {action}" ALL other scheduled MUST have a “name”, or the place for the Name/entity will be empty in card…
Would be nice if card could use the entity if name is empty in such case.

I just wonder…is it possible with this “{…}” to display condition? Like, i defined my air condition to turn on at certain time and day only if temperature in room is under 20 degrees. Can i display this condition in primary info?

@michapr
As I tried to say in my earlier response, if you don’t set the primary_info, the card will show the name of the schedule if it is assigned, otherwise show entity+action of the schedule as fallback.
It sounds like this is what you’re looking for?

@Protoncek
No, unfortunately this is not possible.
The available options are described in the documentation.

1 Like

@neliss
No, I wanted to see the option {name} + action if name is set, otherwise entity + action as fallback
if I set primary_info this fallback is not available.

Hi mrrepel,

just stumbled over your post from 2021. I still got the same issue with all my Zigbee2Mqtt valves (no set temperature option within the scheduler). All my valves are set to HVAC Mode “Auto” und Preset “manual”. What do you mean with “After editing the custom settings in HA”?

Would you kindly explain in detail how you solve this issue.
Best wishes, Andi.

Hi Everyone,

I love the scheduler card - I have been using it to control one of the heating zones in the house. It makes replacing classic thermostats a breeze.

Hello @neliss
Thx a lot for this component, It’es really helpfull :slight_smile:

But I have a question regarding the conditions option:
you state in the documentation that Note: Conditions are only evaluated at the time the actions should fire. This means that if the conditions are not met, the timer event will be skipped. It will not be re-evaluated when any of the entities involved in the conditions change.

I’m then wondering how the re evaluation option work in the card ?

This is a boolean used to tell if i’m home or not, to control my heating system.

thx a lot for your explaination

Hello,

where did you get this option from? I just wanted to ask something similiar about re-evalutating the conditions.
I don’t have that checkbox on my card.
As there is a re-evaluation (for example on HA restart) there could be a way to initiate a new check for all schedules…

Regards,
Anduril

I was surprised to see that at a certain time the condition got re-evaluated, and It was not wanted in my case.

I found that it happen after a restart of ha :wink:

Hello,
Sorry I did find out the answer I wasn’t looking carrefully in the thread
the answer is here Scheduler card/custom component - #1634 by neliss

the check box is in the option card

Thank you very much, I found that option and the explanation how it works.

One thing is still not clear to me: can I set different conditions for different timeslots? I try to make a smart decoration light. I only want to enable it when one of us is at home and disable it after everyone went to bed (last light switched off).
Are the current conditions checked for all timeslots in the same way?

I have schemes that run overnight - this seems to work for the most part, except at midnight, it seems the rules are run again?

I have a light that runs from 10PM → 2:00AM, if I turn off the light at 11PM, at 12:00AM, the scheudler component seems to run the next day’s scheme and turns the light back on.

Is there a way to consider a continguous block that rolls over after midnight a single timeslot?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how I can change the default “10 minute” timestep? Where can I find the setting?

Card configuration → Other “tab”

1 Like

@4nduril

No, this is not possible currently.
The conditions apply to all slots with an action assigned to them.
It makes the card overly complex to do this per slot.

@coolspot18

A schedule spans from 00:00 to 23:59 by design, so the next day it loops again.
It’s on my long to-do list to glue the midnight points together if they have the same action.
But not on the top I have to admit.
It is pretty harmless as this should not do anything with your devices, but it might be confusing when looking at the next task in the card overview.

1 Like

Thanks Joem,

This is useful, but do you know if I can change the time step for a schedule that has already been created?

I tested it just now. I’ve edited a card with a previously created schedule, to have the time step resolution at 1 minute, instead of 10, and it worked.

1 Like

Hello, I use a Scheduler card for two air conditioners, but the fan mode cannot be set - only auto. Also no preset can be set - only eco. If I want to set heating and set the fan mode low - is not active heating. One air conditioner is Gree, the other is controlled by smartir. Is it just me?

Thanks but thats where i am stuck. 1

Where do i change it, as options goes to the 3rd picture.