Scheduler card/custom component

Maybe hit the pencil icon in the top bar to edit the dashboard page? Then you should see an Edit button on the card.

Guys, Iā€™m pretty new to HA, Iā€™m not that familiar with extensions.
Iā€™ve installed this add-on, but Iā€™ve no idea how it works! :see_no_evil:
In the manual I read:

Creating a schedule
Click the button ā€˜add itemā€™ in the bottom of the card, to start creating a schedule.

In the bottom of which card?
Iā€™m sorry if this is a silly question, but Iā€™m stuck.
Thanks!

You should configure which (type of) entities you want to control using scheduler. This can be configured while editing the dashboard (or in yaml if you prefer).

Iā€™ve got a thermostat iā€™m controlling through the scheduler card/component - specifically setup a scheduler with a scheme during the week.

I noticed that if the scheduler is enabled and I manually set the thermostat temperature nothing happens, i.e. the thermostat temperature isnā€™t set back to the scheduled value. I have to either turn the thermostat on/off or enable/disable the scheduler in order for the scheduled temperature be set again.

This was working almost instantly before (canā€™t say if it changed with me upgrading core from 2024.1.3->2024.5.5 or sheduler component from 3.3.0->3.3.5). By instantly I mean that the moment someone changed the thermostat temperature, it was prompty reset to scheduled value.

Anyone knows if thereā€™s an option controlling this or am I observing some expected behavior on newer versions?
Not sure if itā€™s a bug or an intended change in behaviorā€¦

I have a scheduled item that somehow got corrupted and I canā€™t find any way to delete the entry. When I click on the Scheduler service, I can see the entry, but the DELETE button is greyed out. I canā€™t delete this entry.

You can remove it via the scheduler.remove service. Otherwise, try updating to the new beta.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I didnā€™t know that the remover was there.

Is it somehow possible to visualize the data of the schedule(s) in an apex-chart?

Iā€™d like to achieve something like this:

Drawing the schedule on the same time axis like other data.

And giving the example with electricity prices, I assume that this usecase is interesting for many other HA enthusiasts.

1 Like

Hi @Colemar
I have not done it by myself, but I think the with service scheduler.edit, it should be feasible. Check @steve_r29 example at:

I hope it helps you.
Regards,

Hi, sorry for not reading all of the 1968 posts here, but can some kind soul please provide basic guidance as to how I could achieve this scheduleā€¦

I have a pump (controlled by a Shelly switch) that should go to work between 10 AM and 6PM.

While working, it should turn on every 20 minutes, and stay on for 10 minutes. So basically it alternates 10 minutes working, 10 minutes stopped, for all those hours in the work period.

Is this too complicated for the Scheduler Card? Thanks for any guidance!

Hi, question/issue. I set up a very basic card config:

type: custom:scheduler-card
title: test
standard_configuration: true
include:
-sensor
exclude:

As a test, I simply want to include all sensor entities. However, when I try to create a new schedule, I get:

Capture

I have no idea why it insists on a group. If I switch to include, for example, all climate entities, when I go to create a card, it shows normally, with climate as the group, and the entities listed below. I have no idea what I am doing wrongā€¦

As it says in the group selection dialog, sensor entities can only be used in conditions. It doesnā€™t make sense to have a schedule for sensors - theyā€™re not something you change the value of in normal circumstances.

Ah okay, I clearly glossed over that part. My bad. My use case is that my two Nest theromostats show as Climate, as expected. However, I have three temp sensor pucks as well, onboarded via the HACS Nest Protect. My hope was to use those when scheduling, but if I canā€™t, then I canā€™t.

What were you hoping to do with the sensors with regard to scheduling?

The same thing I can do with the actual thermostats, regarding scheduling the week out. The downstairs thermostat is in the hallway, whereas the puck sensor is in the kitchen and is much more representative of the downstairs temp. The same upstairs, the thermostat is at the top of the stairs in the loft, and the sensors are in the kids bedrooms.

I wonder if you could make use of Generic Thermostat - Home Assistant, basically creating a unique climate device using each of the sensors. Thereā€™s also GitHub - davidlang42/ha-template-climate: A HomeAssistant climate integration using templates, similar to the built in fan/sensor/light template integrations., which is quite powerful.

Hm, Iā€™ll take a look at those this evening. I mean using the basic automations, those work fine. But obviously the goal was not to have so many automations, as I currently have four for downstairs (two weekday, two weekend, one each for day and night) and eight upstairs (four for week and four for weekend, separated based on time of day). So was hoping to clean that up via one of these routes.

Hi, everyone! Iā€™m trying to configure the scheduler to trigger a script.event. My yaml code is as follow:

type: custom:scheduler-card
include:
  - script.event
exclude: []
time_step: 1
customize:
  script.event:
    actions:
      - service: script.event
        data:
          origin: my origin
          data: my data

The scheduler trigger the event, but the problem is that it seems that doesnā€™t send correctly the information store in data. I read the event in Nodered and it shows the following:

However, if I trigger the event directly in Home Assistant using the developer tools it works.

Please, could someone tell me if Iā€™m doing something wrong or if what Iā€™m trying to do is simply not possible?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dear Community,

Wish to ask a basic question. Sorry for that

I am an happy user of this card since several months.

I need to reconfigure my system and wish to keep an existing Schedule but apply it to a different entity. I cannot find out how to do this.

This is important because

• i am replacing some switch
  • I am also renaming some entities that have a scheduler - that is breaking the link and the entity is shown as unknown (see below) and i did not find a way to update the entity

thanks for your help (otherwise i will have to reconfigure a scheduler from scratch each time i make a change)

I found a solution for the first case in the entity window (just need to ensure first that the new entity is visible in the configuration of the card ā†’ included entities)

For the second case, as soon as the entity do not exist anymore ā†’ written (unknown entity) as in the pic above, it seems that we cannot change entity ID anymore. At least not using the same method as for the first case

Do some of you have another solution or is it a limitation / Room for improvement ?