Schlage Encode Wifi

Really interested in this as well since my Schlage Connect with z-wave sucks. It is so unreliable through my SmartThings hub.

They had the Schlage Encode WiFi on sale so I bought one after reading about issues with the Z-Wave. Love the lock can get it to do some things with Alexa but cannot wait until HA can work with it.

So I tried this and it works great. You donā€™t get a lock status from Alexa but you do on your phone from the schlage app.

I created a binary.sensor

ā€˜ā€™ā€™
binary_sensor:

• platform: template
    sensors:
    people_home:
    value_template: >-
    {{ is_state(ā€˜device_tracker.faiths_s10ā€™, ā€˜homeā€™)
    or is_state(ā€˜device_tracker.vins_s10ā€™, ā€˜homeā€™) }}

ā€˜ā€™ā€™

Then went into Customizationā€™s and changed ā€œpeople_home (binary_sensor)ā€ Device Class to Window and Alexa seeā€™s it as OPEN when everyone is home and CLOSED when you leave. So now when the wife and I go out it auto locks the door. Even if it is already locked itā€™s not a problem. There is no way for Alexa to do a state check (open or closed) you can only trigger on a state change so you can lock / unlock with a routine.

UPDATE: Alexa will not auto unlock through a routine so this is good to lock up only.

2 Likes

Great to see. So if you can trigger on a state change, you could have HA turn lights on when door is unlocked?

Alexa cannot report back to HA but can control lights exposed to it so yesā€¦ would look something like this.

Binary sensor exposed to Alexa as Window (Open = Home, Closed = Not Home)
Using Alexa Routinesā€¦
Binary sensor state changes to Open (we are home)
Alexa opens lock
Alexa turns on chosen light

OR you could just have Alexa do the lock and HA do the light upon arrival. Iā€™m sure there are many other other possibilities.

I just wish Alexa could check the condition of the ā€œwindowā€ state and not just be triggered when it changes.

When we get the Schlage Encode into HA of course we donā€™t need this work around. It does make me happy I bought the lock though so far so good and at least I have some control from HA.

UPDATE: Alexa will not auto unlock through a routine so this is good to lock up only.

Has anyone revisited this? WOuld be nice to control this directly though HASS

1 Like

Agreed. I need to make a decision to buy this or the connect soon. Iā€™m hoping to buy this one so I donā€™t have to deal with z-wave at all in my setup

It sounds like Schlage wants to stay in their own little silo. I have one of these and regret it. Purchase from a different vendor.

How did you expose the alexa device integrations back into the HA devices / entities?

I didnā€™tā€¦

1: My Schlage Lock is integrated and controllable by Alexa
2: Alexa has no way of knowing if I and my wife are home or not
3: I use person.vinny and person.faith and assigned my trackers to them, I use bluetooth and nmap to increase accuracy
4: I made a binary sensor called people_home using the person.vinny & faith

binary_sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      people_home:
        value_template: >-
          {{ is_state('person.faith', 'home')
             or is_state('person.vinny', 'home') }}

5: I went into Customization and changed the entity people_home binary sensor device class to window
6: I then exposed that entity to Alexa. It seeā€™s it as people_home ā€œwindowā€ is ā€œopenā€ when we both are home or ā€œclosedā€ when we both are gone.
7: I wrote an Alexa routine to lock my schlage lock when it seeā€™s the ā€œwindowā€ goes from open to closed

Unfortunately Alexa will not automatically open the lock so you cannot run a routine to unlock when you return but at least I know Iā€™m not forgetting to lock up.

Itā€™s a bit of work, probably took an hour but it has been working perfectly. Whenever we go out my schlage app notifies me the door has locked within a minute or 2 of us leaving if I forget it.

Schlage Encode has support for Yonomi

So if can get this integration, we should be able to get the lock in home assistant in a easy and feasible way.

Any devs who could implement it? :grin:

2 Likes

I would pay to have this integration done properly.

2 Likes

Same here. Itā€™s one of the only things missing from my integrations.

4 Likes

Count me in as someone that would pay for an integration

2 Likes

Count me in as another interested member

Assuming it is just a simple http based api it should be fairly simple to reverse engineer. I donā€™t own one yet or I would do it.

Iā€™ll put some money in the donation box if somebody would make an integration :heart_eyes:
Also, homekit isnā€™t working right? I must have not done enough research, because I wanted to open the door using a shortcut with my iPhone triggered by a NFC sensor by the doorā€¦ :tired_face:

I have an Encode, it woks pretty well with the phone app, and it shows up in wifi clients for my router. It took me two tries to get it working, probably because of user error in setting up. I had to delete it from the app and reset the lock and start over.

I need to be able to work the lock when the house is not online so i really need HA integration

Hey guys any update on this?

Hey guysā€¦

Iā€™ve spent the last couple days reverse engineering their app and some of the API calls and Iā€™m closeā€¦

Here is what Iā€™ve foundā€¦

The auth uses Amazon Cognito and SRPā€¦ I was able to find the identity pool ID, app secret from the iOS app hard coded.

The one issue Iā€™m running into now is the secret hash validation for the SRPā€¦ everything after that SRP uses bearer authorization and should be smooth sailing.

If there are any really developers who want to take a crack Iā€™m happy to share what I got to.

I believe the only issue is something missing from the hash calculation for the SRP but that seems like something not too hard to figure out but itā€™s beyond the time and skill I haveā€¦

Going to shift my focus to making this brine tank sensor HA enabled

5 Likes