Schluter DITRA-HEAT Home Assistant Integration

This thread serves as a support channel for the Schluter DITRA-HEAT HA integration. I appreciate any comments, bug reports, or feature requests for the integration.

Cheers,
Adam

6 Likes

I just added the integration to my setup as well and it looks like itā€™s working well! I would like to second the issue highlighted by @hoffdad in the previous thread (click for ref) ā€“ the temperatures appear to be reported in Celsius even though my configuration uses Fahrenheit (the unit is reported as F, but the numbers appear to be Celsius).

Hi @ngrusz1, thank you for the bug report. A fix has been submitted and it has been reviewed & merged. I suspect it will be released soon.

Cheers

1 Like

@adam3039 havenā€™t seen anything come over yet for the fix. Is there a backlog to get it released?

Hi @hoffdad, I can confirm that the fix has been included in the latest versions of HA. Iā€™m running 0.109.2 and it includes the fix.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

I just started receiving the error below:

Error fetching schluter data: Error communicating with Schluter API: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://ditra-heat-e-wifi.schluter.com/api/thermostats?sessionId=xxxx...

Wasnā€™t sure if thereā€™s an issue with Schluterā€™s server or the API?

I can confirm Iā€™ve seen that same message, and Iā€™ve seen the floor heat show as unavailable, but it returned to working after some time.

@adam3039 / others: I also own a Schluter DITRA WIFI thermostat, but a square version instead of the rectangular one.
This version does not have the email/password combination, but a username/password one.
Definitely stored in the cloud, because I can still access and control my thermostat when Iā€™m outside my house, just having 4g on my phone.

When I use your Schluter component - and enter the username, because I donā€™t have any email - I get a message ā€œInvalid email providedā€.
Do you have any clue what I can do? Is there a separate API for the username/password variant?

Thanks!

self-reply : already figured it out :slight_smile:
DM me if interested, since it is not a Schluter integration, but deals with an ā€˜OJ Electronicsā€™ api.

1 Like

Same problem here (square version, username/password required).
Much interested by the solution yo found!

It looks like hte Schluter Integration does not retry after Max Retries, and there is no way to bump it to restart without restarting all of HA:

2020-09-17 03:23:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.schluter.climate] Error fetching schluter data: Error communicating with Schluter API: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ditra-heat-e-wifi.schluter.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/thermostats?sessionId=[SESSION] (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f0f93594820>, 'Connection to ditra-heat-e-wifi.schluter.com timed out. (connect timeout=10)'))

After this ā€“ NADA. And all my schluter devices are ā€œunavailableā€. It would be nice if there were either a ā€œschluder.reloadā€ service, or if the integration would restart itself after, say, an hour or so. This is with 0.115beta11.

Should I file a bug report in Github?

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Iā€™ll try to progress in the same direction. You also mentioned it deals with an OJ Electronics API. As there is no such integration in Home Assistant I suppose that you made a custom one?
Regards
Guillaume.

Iā€™m not able to send PMs.

Can you please share how you solved this issue? Iā€™m trying to integrate a white-labeled OJ Electronics (Micromatic) thermostat in HA and getting the same error. Its expecting a username instead of an email address.

@adam3039, Thanks so much for your work on this! Iā€™m adding a DITRA-HEAT floor to our laundry room this week. Even though itā€™s expensive, it feels so much better to have a fully integrated UL backed system than combining a shelly PM1 or sonoff with the low end thermostats.

I was wondering if you had any plans to pull in any of the additional information provided by the API? If youā€™re looking for wish lists, Iā€™d love to see these things added to the integration:

• Energy Usage
  • Online/Offline Status
  • GFCI Status (ErrorCode?)

I might take a crack at adding some of this stuff myself, just need to learn a bit about how HA integrations get written first.

I just bought this system and was getting ready to prepare my shellys for this! Thank you Community!

Thanks for creating this integration.
I managed to get it integrated, but only see the unit as an entity and not a device. Is that expected ?

silly question, iā€™m a bit new to HA. I was hoping on creating an automation that would only call for heat when either my wife and I are home, and only call for heat if the outside temp is below 20c.

I can figure out the conditions part of the automation, but i cannot figure out how to call this ditra heat themostat since its not showing up as an actual device in HA. Iā€™m probably missing somthing obvious, but can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

***edit - figured it out - used the call service - climate - set temperature . found direction here: Climate - Home Assistant ***

i folks, iā€™ve just had one of these installed and like others, have the square version with the username/password rather than email/password combination. Has anyone solved this by any chance?

Thanks,

James

Hi Jan,

can you please share how you were able to integrate the square version with a username and password? It would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Martin

There are a couple of unanswered issues indicating problems with Token expiration.
https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/39249

It appears this integration is broken.

1 Like

@janh I have the square version too, could you share how you integrated with the OJ Electronics api?