Schluter DITRA-HEAT Home Assistant Integration

dang… i also have the version without email and with a login :frowning: any updates on this ?

did anyone find out how he did it? hes not replying to my message :frowning:

No reply to me either. Can’t find any kind of API for the OJ Electronics login.

New to HA, so I’m still getting the hang of it. I was happy to see theres aditra heat integration, I have two thermostats in my house. I added the schulter login info the my config.yaml and at first it sent a error message, turns out I had the wrong password, which was fixed. But now I cant seem to find where the integration lives, nor has it found any related devices on it’s own… what am I missing here?

Today I have contated Schluter Portugal, and they said theres a new system that will talk with google and alexa and that maybe its possible to integrate our systems, or at least change the control panel to this newer one. Ill keep everyone posted.

have a nice day

Found this https://dhr6.schlueter-systems.com Allows a login using username and password. Seems to also have an Alexa skill now although it specifies a DITRA-HEAT-E-R6. Fingers crossed for an API.

Did you figure this out? I too am not seeing anything once I enter the u/p combo in my config file.

I am getting the below error. I have not been able to get the integration working. What should I expect to see? New Devices detected?

Logger: homeassistant.components.schluter.climate
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:151
Integration: Schluter (documentation, issues)
First occurred: October 17, 2022 at 7:45:23 PM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:07:04 PM

Error fetching schluter data: Error communicating with Schluter API: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ditra-heat-e-wifi.schluter.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)

I’m in the same boat. After entering the credentials in the configuration.yaml file I dont see anything appear in devices.
I can confirm that accessing it and controlling it from the ditra website does work.

My Schluter floor heat controllers (both of them) stopped working properly a couple of days ago. This has happened in the past and I have created a sensor that monitors controller’s “heartbeat” connection to the Schluter server. I have an alert when that happens.

A few minute ago I tried logging into the Schluter web site at https://ditra-heat-e-wifi.schluter.com/ and got a browser error indicating that the site’s security certificate had expired a day ago.

I’m going see if I can find a support contact email or number. Will report back if I get this sorted.

1. Sent a query via a web-based form asking about the status of the security certificate. Not really expecting any useful response to that.

2. Realized that the link I mentioned above actually redirects to https://identity-schluter.mythermostat.info/ (plus a token and some other terms). It seems the thermostat control web site is farmed out to some other service provider.

Even better yet, as I try to log into the web site this morning it appears to be off-line.

EDIT: It’s about 30 minutes later and now the link just goes immediately to a “The service is unavailable” message. After a second call to the Schluter Canada support line I’ve been told that the server is located in the UK and that it sometimes goes off-line, please just try again later.

EDIT 2: Using the isitdownrightnow.com web site the URL https://ditra-heat-e-wifi.schluter.com/ is down but the redirect site https://identity-schluter.mythermostat.info/ is not down, or it at least responding to a ping.

EDIT 3: It’s ALIVE! Even as I was typing the above, the service seems to have come back on-line. At least the web version. I’ll pop over and try the HA connection.

EDIT 4: And just like that the Schluter integration is now connecting to the “cloud”.

This still seems broken.

Logger: homeassistant.components.schluter.climate
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:151 
Integration: Schluter (documentation, issues) 
First occurred: October 27, 2022 at 8:27:58 PM (11 occurrences) 
Last logged: October 31, 2022 at 2:50:15 AM

Error fetching schluter data: Error communicating with Schluter API: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ditra-heat-e-wifi.schluter.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)
Error fetching schluter data: Error communicating with Schluter API: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ditra-heat-e-wifi.schluter.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/thermostats?sessionId=sLvtDsFl0kmToD8L84Y-Ew (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f63de9cc0>, 'Connection to ditra-heat-e-wifi.schluter.com timed out. (connect timeout=10)'))

The cloud server for the Schluter thermostats has been unreachable by the integration frequently over the last several days. I went looking for the code to see if there were any clues as to why (I’m not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination). I came across another project that controls these thermostats.

It can be found at GitHub - IngoS11/ha-schluter: An alternative to the default Schluter integration in Homeassistant.

After creating a backup, I installed it per the instructions via HACS. Then added the Integration and provided my credentials. It immediately found all 3 of my thermostats.

It completely overlays the existing devices so all my automations can run without modification. Even better it provides 5 new sensor entities.

The author indicates this is still alpha code. I’m hoping it is stable because I like what I see.

3 Likes

This thermostat’s API looks to be compatible with the NuHeat thermostat package that is in use by home assistant today. If anyone would like to try it out, you can check out this package, add the appropriate URL to nuheat/config.py and test locally.

if it works, feel free to submit a PR to the python package and then we could potentially update HA to more reliably support these thermostats. A common package for multiple thermostats may allow us to better support and ship common functionality.

2 Likes

Any idea how to adjust the price per kWh? Mine was somehow set at 25 cents, I can’t find any settings I the DITRA-HEAT app.

Never mind, found the setting in the web portal.

Hello everyone,

just got my ditra-heat system installed, with DITRA-HEAT-E-RS1 thermostat, but I’m not able to add the thermostat to HA.
The existing HA integration fails with “invalid email provided” but the email is correct and so is the password because it works to log in into Schluter’s mobile app.
The other integrations seem to expect “username” or even API key which I do not have.
So I hope someone here has go the RS1 working and can help me out.
Thanks.

Would this integration work with radiant underfloor heating ? I’d like to control the valves of each circuit based on temperature sensor of each room

@tomastzn were you able to figure this out? i’m trying to decide between ditra/nuheat. I prefer the look of the ditra thermostats and it looked like there was a chance to do local control via homeassistant->homekit device which would be superior to any cloud service. Frustrating they’re both cloud but nuheat has actual openapi documentation.

would love to chat to see where you ended up.

Hello, I wasn’t able to get this to work, even contacted Schluter support regarding getting an API key and their response was along the lines of “use the mobile app”.
So at the moment their top of the line thermostat has no support for HA as far as I can tell.