SCREEK Home Assistant 24Ghz FMCW WiFi Human Presence Detector Radar 1U

Aha, so what you are saying is that versions available on the App stores are the latest and most up-to-date?

That is correct.

Perhaps it’s possible to encourage someone to put a note on that web page (and links?) so that people are made aware?

Hilink didn’t hit the play store early on and only provided a link to an apk download (that wasn’t actually the official site, just a place where apk downloads could be made available, which wasn’t even very secure), we had the pleasure of relaying some user suggestions to hilink, and luckily there was finally a play store version available.
I think you should use the play store version and we should keep this up to date.
pgyer’s site should not be continued, that was just a temporary strategy.

This is such an important discovery that we updated it on our FAQ page to make a note:
HLKRadarTool APP FAQ (screek.io)

We’ll give your feedback to the hilink developers, which will probably help a lot of people.

1 Like

Just wanted to drop a note about the HLKRADAR app. I think one missed feature is the noise detection.

After connecting to the sensor, go into the parameter settings. Select the option for background noise detection.

Set the delay. This is to give you time to exit the room if needed. Set the detection time to however long you want to check readings for. This can be an extended period if needed for picking up things like a fan being turned on, HVAC running, etc. Click start.

When the timer finishes, the chart will provide baseline settings for your gates to include min, max, and average detections. This is a fantastic way to baseline an area before fine tuning the detection settings.

2 Likes

Hi Ryan, that’s cool.
Debugging those parameters is often frustrating.
This is a really great find, I keep finding these new features but haven’t tried them myself.
I’m signing it Ryan and putting it inside the documentation for series 1 as a TIPS for everyone to refer to.

In the same time we shared it in our support community to see what people could find out from it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/screekworkshop/comments/1648737/human_sensor_gen1_also_applies_to_ld2410b_ld2410c/

1 Like

Where are the STL files? I see only the yaml files on Github. Also, I am tweaking the yaml file for my own purposes, but would like to have the factory bin to install if I screw up. I did see the old above (thanks!).

I don’t think SCREEK has publicly released their case STL files. I’ve modelled my own and included some alternate backs for different mounting angles.

https://www.printables.com/model/541368-case-for-esp32-s2-mini-and-ld2410c

1 Like

Thanks! They do claim above that the STL files are public. Have downloaded your files, and will check them out.

Printing is free, we have stl print files available for hobbyists, or our users, for private use. But for the time being, the stl files will not be made public, this is because in terms of appearance, we have made very many attempts and efforts to debug the improvements. And yaml source code is always open for everyone to diy and check the software does not mean any malicious ingredients.

If you need a printout of our version, you can contact us separately and we can send you one.

Since this is just running an ESP32 board, does it by any chance support acting as a Bluetooth Proxy in addition to it’s presence capabilities?

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure, but I think the 1U uses an ESP32-S2 chip which unfortunately does not support bluetooth.

I have a LD2410C connected to a Wemos D1 Mini ESP32 compatible board and have it working fine as a Bluetooth proxy.

1 Like

Hello, I purchased this last June 15. I’ve been busy so today is my first time trying to add it to my Home Assistant.

I tried my laptop and phone to connect to the device’s hotspot, which it connects, but it won’t join my WIFI for some reason. It says just give it time to connect but after waiting for a while it just won’t get an IP.

I have a Ubiquiti UDM Pro and I checked all my devices and it is nowhere to be found.

So I tried connecting the device directly to my PC and went to https://web.esphome.io/ – When I try to connect to WIFI from there, It gives me an error

“An error occurred. Improv Wi-Fi Serial not detected”

Any tips for me to atleast have it connected to my network? I can’t even pass step 1.

TIA!

1 Like

Do you have separate WiFi networks for 2.4 GHz vs 5?

1 Like

There are some overly aggressive firmware settings in the earliest firmware that may cause some of the 1U’s wifi parts to be abnormal. If you can figure out a way to get close to your computer, try going to the hotspot page for the ota update.

Yes, 1U is 2.4G only, and connecting as close to the router as possible will help.

Hello,

I kind of figured out the issue but still doesn’t solve the main problem.

It looks like this device will not connect on Hidden SSIDs. I have 3 IoT SSIDs in my house, all are hidden.

First IoT SSID is a combination of 2.4/5Ghz, 2nd IoT SSID is only 2.4ghz, 3rd SSID is only 5Ghz.

While SSID is hidden, it won’t connect no matter what. I then exposed my SSIDs and it worked right away.

However, while the 1U is already connected to my network, I hid my SSID again and the 1U lost connection.

I don’t want to un-hide my SSIDs in my whole network just for 1 device.

Is there a workaround for this?

The only way around it is to modify the firmware and add the ‘fast_connect’ option to the WiFi config.

For hidden SSIDs, the only way it seems to work at the moment is to compile the source code yourself and fix the SSID and PW in there.

If we have time, we will try to do some optimization on this.
But for the time being, it’s not possible to make the connection without using the source code.