This is a SCRIPT Blueprint that uses my Broadlink RM3 to turn my TV on and get it into the correct mode, IE: antenna, FireTV, Chromecast, etc. The defaults are specific to me and you should change them to match your situation.
Updates will be published on my GIT repository with the rest of my Home Assistant Blueprint collection.
Click the badge to import this Blueprint
Copy this link if you want to import the blueprint in your installation.
This is a Script Blueprint that takes on the huge mess of scripts created by the Standard Broadlink Integration. If you have a Broadlink that helps run your TV, you know exactly what I mean. Every button and function and button sequence on your remote becomes another script that must be called to get stuff done. It’s hard enough to remember what button does what on the remote itself, remembering all the names of the buttons it impoeeible (for me).
The scripts built with this Blueprint gives you a common scenario for turning your stuff on and putting the device in the correct mode to do the things you want to do. I have a number instances of this blueprint script created in my system. Here is a shot of them:
You can import the script blueprint via the button above or manually as below.
To import this Blueprint:
• Open Home Assistant with administrator privileges and on a Lovelace screen, click anywhere in the main entity area and type the letter ‘c’. A selection box should pop up. Type blue and select the button to navigate to blueprints. You can also find blueprints by selecting configuration from the left menu and then blueprints from the center menu.
• Once there, click on the ‘Import Blueprint’ button in the lower right side of the main screen.
• In the ‘URL of the blueprint’ line type or paste in the URL of my Blueprint. I have the blueprint stored on my Public GIST on GitHub:
This is my version and has defaults specific to my system that will need to be changed for your system, Also if an !input has a default, the calling script is not required to include input data for that !input, but if you want to change the input values without editing the blueprint defaults, then add more selectors to overwrite with your desired values.
- 2021-09-14: First blueprint version
- 2021-11-20: Changes because of release of Blueprint Script UI
- Add Minimum Home Assistant 2021-11-0
What are we Fixing Today Homepage / Website: https://www.WhatAreWeFixing.Today/
Channel Link URL: (WhatAreWeFixingToday) https://bit.ly/WhatAreWeFixingTodaysYT
What are we Fixing Today Facebook page (Sir GoodEnough): WhatAreWeFixingToday
What are we Fixing Today Twitter Account (Sir GoodEnough): https://bit.ly/WhatAreWeFixingTodayTW
Discord Guild: (Sir_Goodenough#9683) WhatAreWeFixingToday?
Buy me Coffee: Sir GoodEnough
PayPal one-off donation link: PayPal.Me
Cash App $CASHTAG: Pay $SirGoodenough on Cash App
Venmo cash link: Venmo