Sector Alarm

I tried “full host reboot” and it worked, thanks :slight_smile:

I ran into a problem… upgraded to HA 0.66.1
Any tips on were to begin?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1006, in _event_to_service_call
await service_handler.func(service_call)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/init.py”, line 140, in async_alarm_service_handler
yield from getattr(alarm, method)(code)
File “/root/.homeassistant/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/sector_alarm.py”, line 87, in async_alarm_arm_home
result = await self._hub.arm_home(code=code)
File “/root/.homeassistant/custom_components/sector_alarm.py”, line 165, in arm_home
result = await self._async_sector.arm_home(code=code)
File “/root/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/asyncsector/asyncsector.py”, line 100, in arm_home
return await self.alarm_toggle(‘Partial’, code=code)
File “/root/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/asyncsector/asyncsector.py”, line 89, in alarm_toggle
if ‘status’ in result and result[‘status’] == ‘success’:
TypeError: argument of type ‘NoneType’ is not iterable

Iam getting same error as you… did ssh to hassio container and run “hassio host reboot” but still getting same error…

but the arm/disarm is working, and its also showing the temperature correctly … It just that iam getting the error when i do “Configuration validation”

Invalid config for [sector_alarm]: required key not provided @ data[‘platform’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/sector_alarm/

iam running hassio 0.71.0

I got a call from Sector today about my system querying the API for temperatures and generating a lot of traffic. They asked me to shut it off since the alarm system won’t return temperatures when only on 3G connection.

My question: is setting thermometers: false enough to make HA not query for temperatures?

Arm/Disarm Alarm Automation

how can i do something like this with sector alarm ?

automation:

• alias: Disable Alarm
    trigger:
    platform: sun
    event: sunrise
    condition:
    condition: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.sector_alarm_011111111
    state: ‘armed_away’
    action:
    service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.sector_alarm_011111111

I’m trying to get this to work using https://github.com/mgejke/hass-sectoralarm

But when i try to validate my config from the web I’m getting the following error…

Configuration invalid
Component not found: sector_alarm

I have made a patch for hass-sectoralarm and intialised a PR with mgejke to update the component on github, which is now updated:
Easiest instruction is to download the latest sector_alarm.py from https://github.com/mgejke/hass-sectoralarm and overwrite the sector_alarm.py in custom_components

Now your configuration checker works and it also works to do restarts of home assistant without having to do full host reboot - so i really recommend you to do this. @tali @Oscar_Sandstedt @patrikfrisk @donjohann

:man_dancing:

Nice work! Thank you! :smile:

Hi! Im using Hassio and the SectorAlarm is not working as it should. Im using release 0.77.3
Before i was running Homeassistant as a docker container in my Synology NAS, then SectorAlarm was working nice. I recive this message when i check my config.

“”
nvalid config for [sector_alarm]: required key not provided @ data[‘platform’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/sector_alarm/
“”
Can some one help me whats wrong here?

Try to download the latest code from the GitHub archive, it should solve your problem…

Hi, i downloaded the latest code, now the Sector shows up with no errors, but the temp is not updating as it should. It updates if i restart Hassio, otherwise not. Any suggestions what i should do?

Weird… Do you see the temp sensors values in your app or on the sector alarm webpage?

Yes i see them in both app and on the web, and i see them in hassio allso but they are not updating unless i restart hassio, then the deliver a new temp only ones. Yes this is very strange…

Ok, what version of hass are you running?

I am having big problems with sector alarm in the latest 0.78.0.
The component crashes on hass startup and once I patched the code for that, it now crashes when running temperature sensor code (alarm panel and status is ok) so I have to figure out why as the next step.

However it also lags a lot when retrieving the alarm status from sector alarm page - and the log is full of timeouts and warnings of the sensor taking to long to update.
Something must have changed in the last 1-2 major releases that cause this to break or behave differently I guess…
Running the asyncsector code standalone is no problem and it seems fairly responsive.

Btw, when you update with the new code, make sure you also download and update the individual py files in the sensor and alarm panel folders as well…

Feature request:
Is it possible to get the door lock included in this?
For examples, see: https://github.com/petterl/python-sectoralarm

The addon does not work in 0.81.2:

Error during setup of component sector_alarm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 145, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config)
  File "/config/custom_components/sector_alarm.py", line 77, in async_setup
    load_platform(hass, 'sensor', DOMAIN)
TypeError: load_platform() missing 2 required positional arguments: 'discovered' and 'hass_config'

Hey

I get the exact same error

I downgraded to 0.81.0 to get it to work.
The change that I believe broke it: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/17952

Someone found any solution to this except keeping to version 0.81?