Secure Video support for HomeKit component

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f739a62c6d0>

Following up on the Camera support for HomeKit component feature request, it would be really great if the HomeKit component would also provide support for the Secure Video feature.

Seems like there is some related progress in the Homebridge/HAP-NodeJS project.

Would be really exciting to see some progress on this topic!

finger crossed! I am waiting for this too!

This would be great in HA!

Definitely would be great - and with the new additions announced today around facial recognition and being able to define activity zones for Homekit Secure Video, it would be amazing to use small, cheap cameras for the raw feed and have HSV do the processing on the homekit hub :slight_smile:

Yes please!!!

The more I think about it, the more excited I am for the potential of this feature. Up until now, I’ve been trying a number of the custom components that use some form of AI to detect images (e.g. DOODS). From these triggers, I then call a series of automation steps to decide whether to record, record, then send me a notification. I have tried to build sones sort of NVR interface in Lovelace, but cannot get anything to look/work well.

For those of us in both the HA and Apple ecosystem, this has huge potential. Leverage HA to push “generic” IP came to HomeKit, then have HomeKit act as a easy-to-use NVR.

Yes, please. So far, excellent HomeKit integration :100:

1 Like