Secuyou bluetooth patio door lock integration

Yeah that’s also an option. I will explore them all until my knowledge is depleted :grin: Maybe have some time this weekend to look into some different options to see if I can communicate with the lock in some way.

Just set the above up and use the mac address for the lock from your phones BT device list.

Why couldn’t they just do a zigbee or z-wave version and create a real smart device…

1 Like

Awesome, please share your work if you get it working!

@fn87 Actually many locks I have come across, supports both Zigbee and ble, or Z-wave and ble.

1 Like

I absolutely will keep this thread updated!

Cool!

Thinking about it, you could probably just make a custom component for esphome that executes some AT commands to control the lock/access information.

1 Like

Yeah, I looked at making a custom component, but don’t really know where to start. A similar component to look at would be good :grimacing:

Yeah, that is what I have done but I can’t tell if it’s failing or not :smiley:
I’m not getting any errors in the log.

https://esphome.io/custom/custom_component.html

This should have something to start on :blush:

Do you get anything in the log? You should get all services in the log if you are on verbose.

I do have an esp32 around. I’ll see if I can find a pin secured device to test with and see I how it looks.

I’m not very used to working with esphome :slight_smile: Installing with verbose logger level now!

Then we are on the same level… Unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m getting this over and over.
[09:54:49][V][esp32_ble_tracker:599]: Unhandled type: advType: 0x08

I did some Googleing and there a lot of noice about this but nothing working on esp32. Expressif and Arduino has issues open for paring.

Could you please link those?

A python application on a rpi z might be a better idea then perhaps.

I guess this is the issue. It’s easy to end fall in to code where the ESP is used as a server but what we want is a ESP client.

1 Like

I am hoping for a Black Friday deal on the lock and then I’ll dig in to this as well. I might end up using my c# to MQTT support system for this as it looks to be a simple thing to build…

I haven’t even though about using C#. I’m a C# developer :laughing: But I’m not used to coding for IoT.

1 Like

I do all my ugly hacks in C# and send the information to HA through MQTT running the code as a service on my server.

So, zero overhead to add another hack on my end but I guess that it will not helt the community and that is to bad.

I have opened a dialog with Secuyou for their help with integrating. They are interested! :grinning:

6 Likes