Secuyou bluetooth patio door lock integration

FYI, Home Assistant founder and members of Nabu Casa mentioned it and talked about this would allow exactly this kind of Bluetooth-based integrations in Home Assistant 2022.8 release party video:

https://youtu.be/m9gKFH8WlzY?t=1316

(starting at time 21:56 into that video)

I’m thinking of buying a lock from Secuyou but I wanted to make sure it worked with HA first. Have anyone got it to work or should I keep looking for something else?

No, sadly not. Therefor I’ve looked for alternatives, but haven’t found anything else yet either. It’s a small market…

Hi,
a collegue of mine just brought up the topic with the SecuYou Lock…
And I’ve asked them, if they are planning to support HomeAssistant… :wink:

They just informed me, that they are planning to release a Matter based device around Q3 this year…
So maybe, it would be worth to see, if matter support could solve the issue with the integration…

Afaik, it should be then compatible to GoogleHome, Homekit or other solutions, so probably, it will also work with HomeAssistant then (maybe, some workarounds are still required)… ?

On the other hand - it would be great, if the HA Team could hopefully get in contact with the company and get a “works with…” partnership… :wink:

2 Likes

The Matter devices have just been launched!

2 Likes

Great news! Please update us with info on how well this integrates with HA. I do not have any Matter devices yet so I guess I need some hardware to be able to run this natively with HA?

I have a plan to use my Conbee II as a thread radio:

But I have to move my zigbee stuff to a sonoff, which takes some time, before that’s possible. I must also buy the thread lock, but I’ll report back once it’s done. I guess a month or so.
/Fanan

1 Like

Great, please do. I have a Conbee II in a drawer so that would be perfect.