Segway Navimow

Has anyone got lucky integration Segway Navimow into home assistant ? Knowing which commando’s to use etc ?

Thanks !

B.

1 Like

Has anyone even been able to buy a Navimow? I have been looking but yet to find it actually available anywhere yet.

1 Like

In Belgium it is available, I thought Mediamarkt Germany too

It looks interesting, still looks like we are still waiting in the US. Would love to hear what you think if you have get one.

Already have one for two weeks now. Till now really convinced of the Navimow :slight_smile:

1 Like

They will release an API according to their website

1 Like

Let’s hope for it :wink:

Any news on that?

Haven’t heard anything

I believe there will be no integration to HA (and similar) until Navimow releases the API

see

3 Likes

Hello,

They have updated their page about API

I’ve contacted them and for now, they reply that API is not under development

Is anyone found a way to manage it ?

Thanks for your reply

are there any news about the segway navimow and the integration into home assistant?

what we can do is, everybody is going to make a request to the segway navimow zendesk.
so they will notice, that several people are waiting for an public API.

I’ve created a request from my side:
link: https://navimow.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/7675

if they will answer me, I can post it into the chat.

would be great if you do as well a request.
just create an account and create a request.
https://navimow.zendesk.com/

1 Like

Found this code : GitHub - TA2k/ioBroker.navimow: ioBroker Adapter for navimow

Any chance on porting this to HA? Haven’t tried the code myself.

There is sadly nothing to port. The repository is actually just an empty ioBroker adapter skeleton without any business logic in it.

That’s not correct.

check, main.js
It attemts a login to a cloud server

1 Like

So I bought the Segway Navimow I108e and thought of a way to be able to control it with Home Assistant. I haven’t decided on whether to implement it as there is a battery drawback.

The approach is the following:

• Install a smart plug (preferably with power measurements) and connect the mowers charger to it. When the mower is set to mow, but the charger is turned off, it won’t start mowing. It will start mowing when you turn the charger back on and the mower is within the mowing schedule.
  • Set a mowing schedule in the Navimow App. You have to make a compromise between two aspects: the wider ranges you set in the mowing schedule the more you can choose with Home Assistant when to mow. The narrower you set the range, the shorter the time that the charger sits without power and is thus draining it’s battery. Battery drain is quite significant 5% per hour on my I108e which has a 5.1Ah battery.
  • Make an automation in Home Assistant that is set to check the conditions a few minutes ahead of the start of each mowing schedule (when you make changes in the mowin schedule in the Navimow App, you’ll need to adjust the moments when the Home Assistant automation launches as well).
  • The conditions can be whatever you want: Is there rain predicted? is the grass wet,is someone home (e.g. don’t mow the front lawn when no-one’s home due to theft risk, don’t mow the back lawn when it’s nice weather and we’re home), has it been very dry for a long time (don’t mow),… If you want it to mow, you don’t have to do anything (I would have it turn on my outdoor wifi access point though for better connectivity to the robot), if you don’t want it to mow, turn off the power to the charger.
  • If you do not let it mow, you need to keep it turned off during the whole mowing schedule. And turn it back on afterwards so that the battery can recharge. You can also turn it back on still during the mowing schedule if conditions changed (e.g. you came home) and it will start mowing.
  • In the mowing schedule you can choose whether it should mow the entire lawn once within the schedule or continuously during the whole mowing schedule. I would recommend choosing to do it just once (that’s the assumption I made in my description above).
  • If you have power monitoring you will be able to see in Home Assistant when the mower comes back to charge.
  • Don’t turn off the power once the mowing schedule has started, if the mower is mowing and the power turns off, the mower will stop mowing and just sit there, you’ll have to intervene to get it to mow again or go back to the base station.

The i series has no rain sensor (the h series does have that). The i series uses weather forecast which so far has not been very reliable.

In my case, if I would set it to mow between 12:00&18:00 on monday, wednesday & Friday. It would drain 30% (6hours*5%) of the battery every time I choose to not let it mow on one of those days.

2 Likes

I just wrote with Navimow support asking for news about an upcoming API.

They redirected my request to the product team and support thinks that the topic is already on the roadmap.

6 Likes

thanks for asking the support.

did they tell you when the API will be ready?

1 Like