Segway Navimow

I just contacted their support. They say it is on the roadmap but cannot give a date on which it is available or when they start working on it.

Contact them yourself via: https://segway-navimow.my.site.com/ and use the chat in the lower right corner. The more the better.

After two years of shopping robot mowers, this is the one I landed on because it has RTK GPS AND a camera, that’s unique. The reviews are amazing. I figure the API will come out eventually but the app does enough to justify itself now. I can always use some kind of ESP to block the mower from leaving it’s garage if I need to have control over it I suppose.

I’ve owned a Segway Navimow i108e for about a month now… best purchase ever. My previous Worx Landroid (dont know the type, but it was about 6 years old) broke, but before that it was always getting stuck, digging holes or somehow drove outside the boundary wires.

The navimow has been mowing flawlessly, never got stuck once or never needed my help to get out of any strange situation.

I also received new information from support. They are working on it and will release an API via firmware update this year

6 Likes

I can’t read a word of that but the lead-in was nice to hear!

It says:

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to Segway Navimow support team, we’ll give our best to help you out.

About your request regarding Naimow smart home api functionality, we are currently working on developing such [functionality] and will likely release this via a firmware update.

2 Likes

Thank you, I Google translated it :wink:

I really hope it’s going to be a local API.
What features are you looking for?
First and foremost start mowing and return to the base.
Next probably receiving the status (charging, mowing, mowing completed, error…)
Then selecting the zone.
All the rest would be nice to have (WiFi/Bluetooth connection quality, current position on the map, changing the map,…)
Hope any of us Navimow owners is skilled enough and willing to write an integration for Home Assistant when the API is released :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Is it Not possible to capture the network traffic from The App With wireshark and use the app requests to get The Data?

Update: The network traffic from the application seems to be aes decrypted :expressionless:

Hi,

I just purchased the Navimow i105 a week ago, and so far it has been a really great mower! Easy to setup and finds all the bushes etc. automatically, changes mowing direction after every time to avoid lines etc. Really quiet too! Can recommend to anyone thinking about it.

Also, I sent feedback to Segway and requested for the API release, below is their response. Same message that has been said here a couple of times already, lets hope we get a decent API soon!

Regarding the development of the Smart Home API, we are working on it and expect it to go live later this year. And the weather feature will be implemented via a firmware update within this month.

May I ask what you have asked about here?

Actually, I think I didn’t ask anything related to that :smiley:

But there is a feature in the mower, that it checks for weather forecast online and stops mowing if rain is forecasted. Probably the update has something to do with that.

I can keep you updated once I see a new firmware coming in, they seem to be quite well documented so I can actually see what changes and/or features are added.

Ah ok. The weather feature works quite well now. We had rain showers this weekend and the mower went home shortly before it started raining.

2 Likes

Given that the navimow robots offer a theft protection function based on communication via a SIM card and that users have to pay a subscription fee, I don’t think that a free and open API will see the light of day…
They know very well that we can code an anti-theft feature based on a small geofencing algorithm ourselves… If an API is finally released, it certainly won’t be a local version, it will be a cloud version requiring a key subject to an active subscription…

Where do you read that it requires a subscription? As far as I know, it’s just a 4g data sim which you need. And I doubt if they would charge for an API, in essence this API already exists for the app itself, they just need to make a public one available. I do agree that the chance for a local API is pretty small, all direct communication locally seems to be based on bluetooth.

Seeing what’s happened to some companies on here recently that have withdrawn their API due to abuse, I don’t think a subscription is too much to ask. This may go against the ethos of some but business is business and every business needs to make revenue to cover costs not just profit.

I saw it here: Help Center

It’s cheap but it’s offered as an all-inclusive service, which means that if you install your own SIM card, I don’t know if it will work. To provide decent security for the anti-theft function and prevent a malicious user from being able to use a stolen mower, I think they want to keep their hands on everything. I hope I’m wrong, I’ve ordered an H3000 lawnmower anyway.

1 Like

Given that the company has concentrated on developing their own application, I can understand that providing a public API is not really their priority. A light version of a public API with only GETs would still be great, just to have indicators of operation/position in HA.

Hey all, they put requests for new features so please vote on the API

2 Likes

I’ve tried to join the group but they won’t seem to allow me to join. Not sure what I have done to offend them :neutral_face:

3 Likes