šŸ“ø Send camera snapshot notification on motion

Hello, blueprint stopped saving snapshots. Any solution?

Hit the debugger in the automation??

@swa72 try holding the notification and the snapshot/actions should show up. Iā€™ve had this issue recently too and not sure what caused it or how to fix.

1 Like

Did you find a awnser to this?

Nope.

Didnā€™t try again either, but will post my findings here if I do

I found the following blueprint and used it in combination with this one:

1 Like

Is there a way to change the notification even more? For example the notification_icon: , or put actionable buttons.

1 Like

How can I send the notification to multiple devices?

For now, I just created new automation for each device.

Hi all
Can you help, I get the notification that there is motion but I donā€™t get the snapshot. Any ideas what could be the problem?

The blueprint worked flawlessly for the last couple of months. I recently had a power cut and HA restarted ok. Blueprint however doesnā€™t work anymore. The image reads ā€œFailed to load attachmentā€ Response status code was unacceptable: 404. Iā€™m running 2022.3.1.

My bad. The latest release of HA changed the way it handles media (incl. cameras and their definition). Just had to select the camera again ā€¦ duh.

Debugger says ā€œnotify undefinedā€ after the call to camera.snapshot but thatā€™s it for errors. Notfication comes through, just not the pic. I even tried moving the write/read folder. The image shows up in the folder (no matter where it is) but it doesnā€™t attach.

Guys, itā€™s possible to add an ā€™if statement to blueprints?
I would like to use this blueprint, but only if my device is not at home (Iā€™m away).

Iā€™m sure it could be added to the blueprint but in the mean time you could have another automation that toggles the camera snapshot automation based on your presence. Check out call services automation.turn_off / .turn_on or .toggle

Hi,
how can add a wait action to the end of the blueprint?
When there is motion it is always send notifications, but it is unnecessary, it is enough every 5 minutes.
Thanks!

Is it possible to add ttl: 0 and priority: high to the ā€œdata:ā€ tab? To get the notification quicker to the phone, even when the phone or app is active.

Iā€™m not skilled in the coding, but I was wondering if it could be something like this:

data: >

{% set android_data = {"image": "%s"} | format(snapshot_access_file_path) %}
        {% set ios_data = {"attachment": {"url": "%s", "content_type": "JPEG"}} | format(snapshot_access_file_path) %}
        {{ ios_data if is_ios else android_data }} 
        ttl: 0
        priority: high

Is it possible to add a delay/throttle. To prevent the flood of msgā€™s. Like 1 msg/10sec?

Did anyone solve this problem ?