Sengled LED bulbs and hub with HA

I have 4 of the element classic bulbs connected to hub, only 1 is ever pulled in

E11-g33 x2 edison
E11-g23 x2 bayonet

One of the e11-g33 shows up but as unavailable.

All working now.

Reinstalled integration and all 4 bulbs showing, and working.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I have five Sengled A19 Element bulbs connected to the Sengled hub (2 in office and 3 in the guest bathroom). I can see and operate all 5 in the Sengled phone app but HA only detects the two office bulbs . I created a debug log but I am not sure where to post it (Should I open a ticket in the project github page? - would appreciate some guidance here since I am new on the forum)

Thanks for the fix in the new version. Everything is working as it should now.

I am glad this is working for you.

1 Like

I got this connecting with HA with zigbee with no issues. Just needed to restart the light bulbs to be recognized (turn on and off 10 times quickly). $5 cheaper than Philips on Amazon right now.

I was looking into something like this. I currently have 2 Senglad zigbee bulbs grouped together in my living room. Looking to control them via a switch or button. Came across a WiFi smarty switch from Senglad that looks to have on/off control with dimming buttons. It’s battery power,but says needs Senglad hub. Will this switch connect to home assistant with out the use of the Senglad hub? Looking to have most things connected directly with HA with not having so many hubs.

1 Like

I have 2 bulbs from basic kit and tried to connect to HUSBZB-1 hub but no success. Can you please share the procedure which you use for this integration
I have a Sengled hub but want to use Zigbee hub
TY

as far as I know I just used the pairing procedure that was in the manual - which I can’t find right now.

from what I remember it was just a series of on-off-on sequences (5 in a few seconds??) to get them to pair. once they pair they will flash a couple of times.

if they don’t pair then try to do a factory reset on them. But I can’t remember that procedure at all. Again it was some on-off series.

Thank you for your response
I did all this and hub can’t see the bulbs
Maybe will try again today
TY

Will Sengled bulbs work with ANY Zigbee connection through Home Assistant?

I was also looking for the same . I used the zigbee usb dongle with Raspberry pi and found it getting disconnected often also tried sonoff zigbee hub with ZHA but faced the same reliability issue.

The solution that worked for me is to use sengled hub and add the lights to Google Home app. In HA use google assistant relay plugin and control your sengled lights with REST command from home assistant. Works flawlessly.

Thanks to Grayson’s video linked here shows step by step to get google assistant relay addons working.

1 Like

why would you do it that way? now you’re relying on google and sengleds clouds being up in order to turn on or off a light. just get a cheap zigbee usb stick and call it a day. 100% local, no cloud and its super fast.

if you’re getting disconnected you’re having some other issues. I have tried the HUSBZB-1 and the zzh zigbee sticks and they’ve been rock solid. Just make sure you have enough zigbee devices to act as routers in your zigbee mesh, the sengled bulbs do not, they are end devices. Grab some sonoff zigbee plugs or anything else that acts as a router and your disconnects will probably go away.

The Sengled hub, along w/ 2 zigbee bulbs, is only $10 on Amazon rn.

submitted a bug report to github, but wanted to also chime in here.
I have x24 bulbs, previously was connecting them via smarrthings, but moving far from that.
saw a deal on the x2 bulbs + the hub, so thought why not???

All my bulbs that I have migrated to the hub are showing in HA. All bulbs are identical and firmware is updated. I get 3 different conditions across all my bulbs using this integration and have no idea why?

DIMMING, RGB, ON/OFF functions present

ON/OFF functions present (the other 2 missing)

DIMMING, ON/OFF functions present (RGB missing)

There is the option of setting custom attrs, but seems like a lot of work and maybe something in the integration code just needs to be polished more?

Here are the conditions in cards:

no changes overnight… but now over half my bulbs are unavailable.
went ahead and ordered the Nortek USB stick to try my luck there.

holy cow!.. just gonna say with all the advancements recently made on Home Assistant, the Nortek usb hub is a cakewalk! 100% functionality on the first bulb added. I’m not saying this integration is of no use, but I am saying it is a side step to a much easier approach.