♾ Sensor Light Add On - Media & Movie Lights - House Alarm Lights - Smoke Alarm Lights & Exhaust Fans + More

I will try from the yaml file

So editing from the yaml file worked, the UI limited me to go as low as 1. I did a small work around to add time base which was to have another automation disable it during certain times and enable it after certain times. Your Sensor Light Blueprint has the ability to add time. Is this possible with this one?

@parallelsys

You can just type 0 and click save but normally you would have some lights but I going to look at it again to have no lights if you need to. I added that on a list to do.

Use the automation link to disable other blueprints. It is all designed to work this way. Click Here on the how to.

Blacky :smiley:

Hi @Blacky

I would like to use your Blueprint so that when the alarm goes off, the lights turn red and flash. Do you have any ideas how I can do this? Thanks

@cediqqu

You would just set up your trigger for you alarm, the flashing lights will probably be a script to run. Consider using the snapshot feature so when you reset your alarm all your lights go back to how it was before and you can use the automation link if you have my blueprints to control your lights so they will be disabled when the alarm goes OFF.

I’ll try it! Thank you very much!!

Unless my understanding of Intermission Mode is wrong, I think that there might be an issue in version 2.2. When intermission mode is triggered, Light 2 turns on as expected, but Light 1 which was turned on by the automation’s Trigger On state is turned off, as if the automation was exiting. When intermission mode ends, Light 2 is turned off as expected, but Light 1 is turned back on as if the automation was restarted. Is this normal behaviour of the intermission mode?

alias: New automation
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light-add-on.yaml
  input:
    trigger_entities:
      - media_player.ht_appletv
    trigger_on_state:
      - "on"
      - playing
    trigger_off_state:
      - "off"
      - standby
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
        - light.ht_tv_backlight
    end_scenes: []
    include_intermission: intermission_enable
    intermission_state:
      - paused
      - idle
    intermission_light_switch:
      entity_id: light.ht_torchiere_light
    intermission_include_light_control:
      - use_brightness
      - use_transition
    intermission_light_brightness: 25
    intermission_light_transition_on: 5
    intermission_light_transition_off: 5
    intermission_include_light_colour_control: use_colour_temperature
    intermission_light_colour_temperature: 2500

@paf1

Yep it is. When we go to intermission mode if you would like Light 1 (light.ht_tv_backlight) ON then you will need to add it again into intermission mode lights. When in intermission mode and you would like different brightness for your lights then you will need to create a scene. If you create a scene and you turning ON an extra light 2 (light.ht_torchiere_light) to movie mode lights then need to make another scene with light 2 OFF and add it into Intermission - Scenes & Scripts To Turn OFF.

This is your code.

alias: New automation
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light-add-on.yaml
  input:
    trigger_entities:
      - media_player.ht_appletv
    trigger_on_state:
      - "on"
      - playing
    trigger_off_state:
      - "off"
      - standby
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
        - light.ht_tv_backlight
    end_scenes: []
    include_intermission: intermission_enable
    intermission_state:
      - paused
      - idle
    intermission_light_switch:
      entity_id: 
        - light.ht_tv_backlight
        - light.ht_torchiere_light
    intermission_include_light_control:
      - use_brightness
      - use_transition
    intermission_light_brightness: 25
    intermission_light_transition_on: 5
    intermission_light_transition_off: 5
    intermission_include_light_colour_control: use_colour_temperature
    intermission_light_colour_temperature: 2500

Hope this helps you.

When the automation switches to Intermission mode, is the Movie Lights Scenes & Scripts To Turn OFF executed? I have a scene to close a blind when the automation starts and configured in the Movie Lights section. I also have a script to reset it to its calculated position for the time of the day when the automation exists. However, when entering Intermission mode, the script to reset the blind is executed and blind opens. Is that normal behaviour?

@paf1

Can you try this for me.

Keep this.

Can you move this script to End Turn ON - Lights - Switches - Scenes - Scripts

Let us know if this works for you.

Just installed this today, thank you for it Blacky.
Wondering if anyone has had success disabling the Adaptive Lighting integrations by Basnijholt, when this runs?

Update: Sorted - I just added off/on in my scenes instead.

@Gosnid

Nice one… glad you worked it out and thanks for the edit letting us know :+1:

Would it be possible to have multiple bypass “switch” methods. For instance if the switch pool is on, the binary sensor group xyz is on, or switch group abc is on I’d like to bypass this automation and I can not for the life of me figure out how to combine binary sensor and switches in the same on/ off or how to check if all three are in a certain state.

@kobejo34

I will add it to the list to do.