💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

@MickW69 Hi Michael, glad you like the blueprint :+1:

I think I will PM you for the custom automation for fans.

Hello, thanks a lot for this blueprint! I’d like to keep the lights on if they were already ON before the motion sensor was triggered. It seems this only works if I use some kind of trigger bypass but I don’t really know what to use as a trigger. I do turn them on/off from the physical switch but then in HA I only have one light entity. Is there something I can do?

@oniric85 Hi Stefano. firstly welcome to the community :+1:

If you would like to create a by-pass without having a physical switch the see or FAQ, 2nd question.

You could also wire in a Shelly Plus i4 and have another switch next to your light switch that you also turn on when you would like manual control. This extra switch would be the by-pass and allow you to have manual control.

Hello @Blacky, great job, congratulations and thank you. I am asking for help because several of my sensors often have a state other than on or off and therefore unavailable or unknown. I suppose your automation is triggered by the change of state from OFF to ON, I only use the change to ON in mine, this eliminates this problem, am I right? Can you change this in your solution or suggest how I can deal with it?

@Pawel128 you can but…

1/ Do your sensors go from ON to OFF?
2/ Could you explain why your sensors go from unavailable or unknown to ON?

Sure, the point is that after every update or configuration change, the system is rebooted or restart. The state of some sensors (433mhz) after starting the system is, for example, unknown. When motion is detected, it goes ON but your automation does not start. After switching to OFF and the next motion detection, autoamtion works like a dream but in the meantime you can fall down the stairs…

Thanks for your replay :slight_smile: I’m actually using a Shelly 1PM to manage the light and that is also connected to the physical switch. I have also read the FAQ but I fail to understand how to use the helper without going through the HA UI :thinking:

@Pawel128 ok thanks for the info. I will PM you on what to do.

@oniric85

No problem :+1:

That is fantastic as it should work.

This is what I would try to do.

Just confirming;

You would like to manually turn ON the lights and have full control when you do this but you would also like if the physical switch is not on (from your Shelly 1PM) then use the motion sensor and run the automation.

Disclaimer I don’t have a Shelly Plus i4 so some research may be required.

First create a by-pass as per the FAQ. Then if you get a Shelly Plus i4 and remove the switch from you Shelly 1PM and wire that switch into the Shelly i4. Then when you turn ON the physical switch (now wired to the Shelly Plus i4) ON, have the Shelly Plus i4 turn ON your Shelly 1PM (your lights) and the by-pass at the same time. Then you will have manually control of your lights and you will have to turn OFF you lights manually at the physical switch. If the Shelly Plus i4 switch is OFF then when you walk into the room your lights should come ON and if you like you can flick the physical switch and keep your lights ON.

Hope I am reading this right and it helps.

Blacky :smiley:

Hello @Blacky, thank you very much, it works very well now. I have another request. For me, the automation turns on one light, but it should turn off one and two more. How to achieve it?

@Pawel128

No problem.

If you have the automation turn ON light “A” and at the end you would like it to turn OFF light “A, B & C” then you could create a scene for light “B & C” with the light OFF and then put that scene in the “Scenes To Turn OFF”.

Is there a way to add a Transition time for a light? Not sure if Blueprints are compatible with this, but it would be great to allow a light entity to fade in or out rather than just pop on to the set brightness value.

Thanks again for all the great work

Thank you, it works fine. I sent you another request via PM :slight_smile:

Can you do the same thing with sensors that do not use LUX but instead use an illuminance percentage?

Hi @chassio this is something that is on my list to do. All my dimmers are controlled by Shelly so they have a nice transition. I need to get something that it ON & OFF so I can do the testing for it.

Ok I will have a look for it

@sourceminer If you use the LUX it will also do percentage as it is just a numeric value. The wording there (LUX) will make no difference to the automation. So if it is below 20% or below 20 LUX it is the same.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you very much. This helped to solve one problem. Please read what I wrote to You in PM

1 Like

Thank you!

Love this blueprint, very well thought out. Thanks for making it.
I do have an issue with Night time lights. Seems that when I choose entities, and the night time scene turns on the color stays the same as the last color in the automation. Seems that i need to use a scene for the Day time lights switches as well?

I think the blueprint needs to turn off all the lights that are not used in the Night Scene Mode, and Reset all the lights back to a default Color/Temp/Brightness.

What I have observed is definitely if the lights turn night mode, and lets say I have one of 6 bulbs set in the scene to change, none of the other lights shut off. (I use light Groups because i have so many bulbs, I cannot seem to control light groups in a scene)

Might be best to have a set color/brightness option for the Night Mode/Day mode. in the blueprint. That way the blue print has the settings and can control all the lights.