šŸ’” Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

Oooh! I like the sound of that!!
It sounds very much like what I want to achieve and have been discussing with Blacky.
Can you share more details?

I can do better than details

I think I just managed to get it going

I basically just made 3 changes:

1. Allowed scripts to be listed
  2. Extracted the script_entities from the list
  3. run script.turn_on with the script_entities

See the changes HERE

One would have to update the descriptions to add ā€œscriptsā€ to them, as well as do the same for the OFF action

Thanks Nils.
Hopefully Blacky can integrate your idea into his main tree.

Could you share an example of your script so we can see how you process the input select?

No the by-pass can be turned on at any time you decide to turn it on.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I like your use case for scrips. I will officially add this to the blueprint and will be out soon once I complete the code and all the QA testing.

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like

Ah okay, now i look at your other options :slight_smile:
i think the ligth turn on when i am moving, than the bypass turn on, and after 15 minute it will turn off. :slight_smile:
When i take the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan automation,
How can I prevent the light from switching on during the day when it is bright enough?

Hi Blacky, Iā€™ve been happily using your sensor light blueprint, thank you for you continued support and development to make this even more workable for different usecases!
I was wondering if we can add a number helper entity for the time delay option. Normally Iā€™m very happy with 3 minutes motion inactivity to dim the lights in our kitchen but if we are cooking its dimming to fast :smile: .
If we can also have an entity beside the delay slider I can create an automation to set the delay at 10 minutes between 17:00 and 17:45 when we are cooking

This is my full set up of the bathroom exhaust blueprint.

Q: Can you show us your full set up?

A: Sureā€¦ check this post out Click Here

@RezzZ

No problem at all, your welcome.

Thanks for sharing what you are trying to do :+1: Maybe consider this option;

You are going in the UI to adjust something and then you need to go back into the UI to adjust it back. What you can do is create a by-pass, so when your are cooking you turn it ON in the UI. Then have the by-pass auto OFF in X amount of time. One press to keep your lights on while cooking and automaticity turn OFF the by-pass then the automation will evaluate the site conditions and :crossed_fingers: do the correct action. You can also have a button or a tag you put your phone against to activate the by-pass and turns your by-pass ON. :wink:

Let us know if this works for you.

Yes you can do this. So have a trigger between 17:00 and 17:45 if the light is ON. But maybe a the above will work for you.

Love the blueprint. I wonder if itā€™d be possible to add the ā€œwasp in the roomā€ principle.

Iā€™d love to use this setup for my bathroom but the lights turn off if you sit on the toilet or get in the shower and the motion sensors canā€™t see you.

appologies if this is a silly question, tried setting up this blueprint this afternoon setting up the time, dynamic lighting, motion, bypass options and it seemed to turn the lights on based on the lux value and not motion.

Does this blueprint allow for all the dynamic lighting/lux conditions to be used only when motion is detected during a particular time?

appologies again if this is a silly question.

@Akiva

You can do all this with my :honeybee: Bee In The Hive Sensor :honeybee:. Everything is explained on how to do this in my template examples Click Here

Let us know how you go.

Blacky

@JoelyMoley

I Have just tested it again here and it is working perfectly on what we are asking it to do. Below are the Ambient Optionsā€¦ yeah there a lot of different scenarios depending on your selection and this is just one option within the blueprint.

1. If motion is detected and your lux crosses over to below it will turn ON.
  2. If motion is detected and your lux crosses over to above and your site conditions is set to "noā€™ it will turn OFF.
  3. If motion is detected and your lux crosses over to above and your site conditions is set to "yesā€™ and your light is ON it will turn do nothing.
  4. If motion is not detected and your lux crosses over to above and your site conditions is set to "yesā€™ and your light is ON it is already timing out on your motion sensor and will turn the light OFF when timed out.
  5. If motion is not detected and your lux crosses crosses over to below it will turn do nothing.
  6. If motion is not detected and your lux crosses crosses over to above and your site conditions is set to "noā€™ and the light is ON then it will turn turn OFF.
  7. If motion is detected and your lux is above it will it will do nothing.

Yes but you will need to use a schedule as the trigger. If you are asking if you can enable dynamic lighting between the hours of X & Y and have the automation not use dynamic lighting out of those hours then you will need to create 2 automations, one for dynamic lighting and the other for what ever you like. Use time as a condition in both automations.

Let us know how you go

Hope this helps

Hello, i have only a hue motion Sensor and a Livarno Home LED ceiling light.
Normal when someone enter the bath, the motion sensor detect motion an turn on the light for 5 minutes. But when we take a shower, the light turn off after 5 minute and my wife get angry :wink: so i must do anything you know :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions Blacky!
Though using a physical or UI button as bypass negates the use of an automation with motion sensor to trigger lightsā€¦ The idea of your blueprint is that we donā€™t even have to look at the UI to turn on the light so a manual by-pass doesnā€™t seem like a neat solution for my usecase. And a problem for me is that I have no physical switch available, only a zigbee switch which I cannot select as a bypass switch. Bug or something HA doesnā€™t allow?

The idea with the number helper as an alternative way to set the delay seems the easiest solution for me. I can then use an automation to switch it between 3 and 10 minutes during times we normally cook.
Iā€™m still trying to find a way to work with a bypass but canā€™t find a valid solution just yet. I was thinking about a helper toggle/switch which I turn on between 17:00 and 17:45 via a separate automation but it should then only by-pass an auto turn off from your automation, it should not turn on the lights. Is that already possible?

sounds like you need an extra motion sensor in your shower :sweat_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

@lucascoco

I will go through the options I suggested again.

1. If you have a humidity sensor like in your fist post you said you had one then use a template sensor so when it is above above 60% (your request) then the by-pass turns ON or better option would be to use it to toggle to night lights with state condition and use a 10 min delay (your request for 10 min). That is if your not using night lights in the automation.

2. If you get yourself a door contact sensor then use :honeybee: Bee In The Hive Sensor :honeybee: template sensor.

3. If you have a humidity sensor and something to control the fan then use my :shower: Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan blueprint.

The best option would be 3 then the 2nd best would be 2 then 1 but they will all work.

@RezzZ

Do you use night lights in this automation? If not then use the night lights to run between 17:00 and 17:45 and set a 10 min delay for night lights.

If you do use night lights then maybe you could have 2 automation and use time condition to switch them.

Will this work for you?

Thank you again, i will try number 3.
but i miss on think, when i take a shower during the day the light will go on :wink:
even if it is bright enough

Then use Ambient Options and use a lux sensor.