šŸ’” Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

Hey @Blacky thank you as always!

I think one of my next problems is that all my newly installed lamps (ceiling lamps / 10 pieces) do not support transition :frowning:

At least here in the overview: AwoX 33955 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT.

Not listed and when I had set it at the time, the lamps no longer switched off. So the switch-off command was executed and the lamp was still on at about 2%. But try it again.

I also set the min. lux value to = 20lux to reduce the range of the brightness value to be changed in relation to the individual lux counters. Itā€™s probably really the missing transition that makes it seem strange to me.

Thank you very much, I wonā€™t give up yet.

Best regards
Seger

Hi @Blacky, thanks for building an awesome blueprint!

Iā€™d like to request 2 enhancements if possible, please:

1. The ability to disable the global Time Delay, so that a light will stay on indefinitely if triggered.
  2. Allow the time conditions to use the built-in Sun entities (e.g. Sunrise & Sunset), so that we can allow automations based on Sunrise/Sunset schedule. Example Template.

The scenario Iā€™m trying to build is for the lights in my main kitchen and dining area.

Iā€™d like the Motion Sensor to trigger the kitchen lighting scene between 30mins before Sunset and midnight.
This time is the main meal preparation and eating time, so the lights should remain on, even if thereā€™s no movement detected.

Then, later in the evening the Nightlight schedule opens and the lights are allowed to switch on and off based on movement.

Then, the whole automation is off (conditioned) after midnight.

I know I can configure this with multiple automations, but it would be nice to have it contained into a single control.

Thanks in advance.

I understand that you can not use a physical connected switch as a by-pass.

However isnā€™t it possible to use a timed on/off/on/off sequence of such a switch to configure a state of a virtual on/off switch. the last one could be used as a condition for the by-pass.

In that case: to pauze the automation: turn light two times (within 10 sec) on and off. And to restart automation. do the same.

Or am I missing something?

Kind regards,
Victor

Hello @Blacky :sunny:

Thank you for this fabulous blueprint! :blush:

I have two issues :

• Light color : I canā€™t manage to change the color temperature with every kelvin sliders.
  • Bypass : I canā€™t manage to bypass with button or boolan switch entities

Did you have any tips to help me? What Iā€™ve done wrong? I tried many configurationsā€¦

Here is a snapshot of a yaml config that Iā€™ve tried : https://pastes.io/itrr5axsc7

Thanks a lot!
Bertrand

@Seger85

You have got me thinking again :thinking: I have recapped your posts and it is on my mind :thinking:

Blacky :smiley:

@TimU

Would a template sensor be off the cards? If not let me know if you need help.

@VictorMarinus

Welcome to the community.

You can use a physical switch as long as it is not your light switch.

I have thought about it but best to have separate switch for this as it will upset the automationā€¦ so then if you have a separate switch just use the by-passā€¦ I have gone down a few rabbit holes and one day I will find that rabbit and it wont even be in the holeā€¦ it will be directly in fount of me.

1 Like

@BertrandV

Welcome to the community.

I have looked at your yamlā€¦ thanks. With your set up the automation will not run because you are using devices in ā€œLights - Switches - Scenes - Scriptsā€ you need to expand down to entities. Click Here on the how to.

Looks like you would like to also use night lights. You will need to input your lights as entities in also in ā€œNight Lightsā€.

TIP: You can paste your yaml in the forum. use the </> button then paste it in there as it will keep its format.

1 Like

Thank you @Blacky !

But I have another issue. In fact, I was using an old automation inside Hue app. I have deleted it, and the room.
Now, I realize that the blueprint has never been executed. It is marked: last trigger / never. I donā€™t have any log.

Any clue to solve that? :pray:

alias: LumiĆØre entrĆ©e dynamique
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light.yaml
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.capteur_entree_mouvement
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
        - light.hue_ambiance_lamp_2
        - light.hue_ambiance_lamp_1
    time_delay: 2
    include_light_control:
      - use_transition
      - use_colour_temperature
    include_dynamic_lighting: enable_sun_elevation_colour_brightness
    dynamic_lighting_lux_sensor: sensor.capteur_entree_eclairement
    night_time_delay: 3
    include_night_light_control:
      - use_brightness
      - use_colour_temperature
      - use_transition
      - if_lights_are_on_adjust_when_crossing_over
    include_night_lights: night_lights_enabled
    night_lights:
      entity_id:
        - light.hue_ambiance_lamp_2
        - light.hue_ambiance_lamp_1
    night_light_transition_off: 5
    light_transition_off: 3
    night_lights_after_time: "23:00:00"
    night_lights_conditions:
      - time_enabled
    night_lights_before_time: "07:00:00"
    dynamic_lighting_max_colour_temp: 2500
    dynamic_lighting_min_colour_temp: 2000
    dynamic_lighting_min_brightness: 100
    dynamic_lighting_max_brightness: 34
    night_light_colour_temperature: 1
    light_colour_temperature: 3000
    motion_bypass_lights_on:
      - input_boolean.forcer_lumiere_entree
      - input_button.force_lumiere_entree
    bypass_time_delay: 1.5
    motion_bypass_lights_off: []
    include_bypass:
      - bypass_enabled_turn_on
    include_bypass_auto_off:
      - bypass_auto_off_enabled_on
    light_brightness: 12

@blacky I can run the Sensor Light automation manualy but I canā€™t trigger it with my Hue Motion Sensor. This sensor is already used in another automation with success. I donā€™t understand why I canā€™t trigger your blueprint with it.

Yaml. automation reloaded after saving.
really the right motion sensor above

perhaps it has to be the other way round?
edit: just on the way, the other way round may also be wrong.
look at the sensor, hue always has 2 sensors, one does not change.

I donā€™t edit the config in YAML. Itā€™s just for sharing.

I donā€™t understand :stuck_out_tongue:

Well spotted :slight_smile: It was for testing purpose. I switched it!

I only have one binary sensor :

1 Like

I finally managed to trigger the automation. Iā€™ve unchecked the By-pass options!
I have to fix my by-pass entities. So right now the main blueprint is working! :white_check_mark:

Sorry for my last posts!

Edit: All is ok now. Thank you @Blacky @Seger85 :heart:

2 Likes

Hi All,
i was wondering if you intend on adding the create scene option to this blue print (i believe one of your additional blue prints has this already, but is designed for media centre activation and so i cant see an obvious way of using it for a motion sensor light (with lux and time on options). (please shout if there is a motion sensor compatible option (i currently only use the lux and on time option of the blueprint using scenes.
the use case is as follows
i have a long WLED light strip over my porch and garage as part of permanent holiday lighting and when motion is triggered i light up a section as a security light. during most of the year this works great and i have defined two scenes porch light on and porch light off. however when the lights are in use in holiday mode (twinkling or some such) the blue print either goes from twinkle to porch to off (as blue print intended) or if i change the off scene to twinkle the twinkle mode stays on all night when in reality a create scene when motion detected would (i think work in both scenarios.
Holiday mode - scene capture - porch light on back to holiday mode
late at night when holiday mode off - off mode (scene capture) to porch light to off mode.

there may be some edge cases where timing is aginst it but in most cases this would work. with a separate automation simply turning holiday mode on at time x and off at time y.
Hopefully the above makes sense and if anyone can think of an alternate way of achieving this - happy to hear options too.

thanks for a great blue print and the extensive support provided in this thread

@Jestur

Looks like a script may serve you better and turn that script on. Then you can run a set of actions to your liking.

Hi,
is it possible to use an input_boolean as an entity to switch?
I have a helper switch, which will turn on and off my infrarot Candles over a Broadlink IR Transmitter.

@herbert1910

I think your would like to use an input_boolean as the trigger. Yes you can do this. Just add in a entity in the trigger, then top right 3 dots edit in YAML, find the entity ID you just added and replace it with your input_boolean entity ID. If you have more than one trigger then you will need to group them. If they are different domains then you may have to create a template binary sensor that mimics your input_boolean so you can group them.

EDIT: To add a template binary sensor, you would go to settings / devices & services / helpers tab at top / create helper / template / binary sensor / add in a name and the add the below code imputing your input_boolean entity ID in state template. This will mimic your input_boolean and make it a binary sensor. Now you can add it in easy and or group your sensors.

{{ is_state('input_boolean.your_entity_here', 'on') }}

Hi,
great blueprint!!!
I am trying to create automations for profiles. Means: I have a helper which I want to use as a condition. For example: When I go for vacation, I set the helper to ā€œholidayā€ and a specific automations shall not work anymore (e.g. a hot water circulation pump).
I cannot find an entry for conditions - only for night lights. is that correct? because that would be a blocker for the whole blueprint :frowning: unfortunately

Thanks
Steffen

No, I want to switch the input_boolean when a movement is detected.

I was able to add the input_boolean via yaml mode, but it does not switch when the trigger is triggered.

so I have your script all over my house, super awesome!

I have a large open kitchen dining and living room where I switch all the lights in this area as one. The issue is that it is triggered by multiple sensors: one on the door when I enter, a presence one in the lr, and another in the kitchen. If the door triggers the lights on, even if the kitchen and lr are ā€œonā€ once the door goes to ā€œoffā€ the lights go out. It seems that the state that triggers the automation has to keep triggering it. Is this intention? It seems that those sensors should be and an all or state. No?