💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

@jgriffin

Thanks for your YAML. Your global time has to include your night time. So your global time from 16:00 to 23.59.59 has to be 16:00 to 8:59. Next to time in the blueprint is a link for more information. If you click on it it will give you more information on it.

Let us know how you go.

Blacky :smiley:

Makes sense now Thanks

Nice one… glad you are up and running.

Enjoy

Hi, first of all thank you for the great work, this is a very handy blueprint making our lives easier!!!
I have set this up to turn a kids bathroom light on upon trigger of a motion sensor - everything works fine but the lights don’t Turn OFF; I’ve set time delay to 1min. I did check the state of the motion sensor does return to “clear” but still the lights don’t turn off. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I am seeing errors in the traces of one of my automations, and it has an entry in the system log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.light_family_room

Source: helpers/script.py:1805

Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)

First occurred: 9:41:01 AM (4 occurrences)

Last logged: 9:41:01 AM

Light: Family Room Morning and Day: Choose at step 1: default: Parallel Actions for dynamic lighting: parallel 2: Choose at step 1: Set the transition and brightness for the normal lights switch: Error executing script. Error for call_service at pos 1:

Light: Family Room Morning and Day: Choose at step 1: default: Parallel Actions for dynamic lighting: parallel 2: Error executing script. Error for choose at pos 1:

Light: Family Room Morning and Day: Choose at step 1: default: Error executing script. Error for parallel at pos 4:

Light: Family Room Morning and Day: Error executing script. Error for choose at pos 1:

@youssef123

Could you please provide us your YAML of the automation? This YAML code are the settings you have selected in the automation so I can help. To do this go into your automation, top right 3 dots, Edit in YAML, copy all the code, come back to the forum and in your reply at the top tool bar click on “</>” and paste code in there.

thank you for your quick reply, here is the code

alias: Kids bathroom nightlight
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light.yaml
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_2_occupancy
    light_switch:
      entity_id: scene.kids_bathroom_bright
    time_delay: 1
    light_transition_off: 1
    night_time_delay: 2
    light_transition_on: 0.5
    light_colour_temperature: 8000

I will have a look at it.

1 Like

I think I may have found it, isn’t it because i’m using a scene (scene.kids_bathroom_bright)? I’ve just switched to just the kids light entity and will check whether that does it :slight_smile:

@youssef123

Because you have selected a scene to be turned ON and you would like it to be turned OFF after the time delay, then you must create a scene or a script with everything OFF and enter in ‘Scenes - Scripts To Turn OFF’.

Also see ‘Scenes & Scripts - Toggle Helper

Edit: Looks like you found it.

No you found it ! :slight_smile: thank you for your quick replies and for pointing me to the right direction!!!

@clowgg

I can’t reproduce this error but I have seen a condition that may be the cause. I am going to do an update now to version 6.3 that should fix this. Would you be so kind to update the blueprint once it has been released and let me know it I got the error.

Thanks

New update 6.3

Your lighting experience, your way – take control and customize it to perfection! :bulb::sparkles:

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bug in a condition that relates to dynamic lighting. Even if you don’t use dynamic lighting you still may receive an error in your logs.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Will do! Thanks for investigating.

I LOVE this blueprint, thank you so much for your time and effort!

How hard would it be to add the possibility of using the ‘retry’ service call?

Retry Service (HACS)

The retry service is just another service call that you place before an action, it then retries the service call that follow it.

@beccsjb

Thanks for your kind words.

If you are trying to turn OFF a scene or a script there is an option for this.

1 Like

ah excellent, i did see scene/script options there but didnt even consider that as an option.

Thanks heaps, ill give it a whirl!

Hi @Blacky,
is the limit lowered in 6.3 already? Would love to see it working :blush:

@DeckardCain2014

Not yet, could you give me an example of why you are using dynamic at nighttime?

Sure! (Maybe I’m also using it wrong :smiley: )
I have a presence sensor in my kitchen. I want the lights turn on in the afternoon (when it’s getting a little darker) and then getting brighter the darker it gets.
However, if it’s after 10 PM, I go to sleep. If I then go the kitchen for a midnight snack, I don’t want to be screamed at by the lights :rofl:
My first try therefore was to ignore dynamic lighting in the evening, but use it when it’s really dark (sun elevation based).