💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

@asvxyz

Firstly welcome to the community :wave: :wave:

Any bypass that is ON will disable the automation and allow manual control of your lights. All of the bypass must be OFF to allow the automation to run.

Blacky :smiley:

Hi old chap, I have downlights outside my house, controlled by a Zigbee dimmer, and I would like them to dim-on slowly at sunset and then a few hours dim slowly down to a set level say 20% and then off at a later set time. I it possible to do this with your Blueprint?

Hi old chap, I added the Sun to a temp dashboard and I don’t get anything like the one displayed here - always happens to me! I get a list of the Entities and there’s no Pop-Up window to be seen.
Please, what am I doing wrong?

Appreciate any help… Bob…

@Bobie

Hi Bob

Yep sure is.

Your next question is how.

If you would like your lights ON every night then follow this.

1. First you need to create a schedule helper. The trick for this is to start it earlier than the sun sets. Say 4pm and the time you would like the lights OFF at night say 11pm. Then add this schedule helper as the trigger.
  2. Next enable the sun sun option and set your falling to the value you would like. Don’t worry to much about the rising as the schedule helper will turn it OFF before it gets to that point.
  3. Next add in your outside downlights, make sure they are entities (all green).
  4. Then set the light control options to your liking setting the brightness and the transition. The transition is how long the light take to get to there set point. If you would like a longer value to what the slider will allow, then just type the value in.
  5. Next enable the night lights.
  6. Add your outside downlights in again into night lights as entities.
  7. In the light control options set up the brightness to 20% and again the transition.
  8. In the light control option select ‘If lights are ON, adjust the lights when crossing over’. This will allow the light to transition to the new setting of 20%.
  9. In night lights condition enable time and set the time you would like the lights to transition to your 20%, say 9:30pm. The end time can match your schedule helper end time or it can be longer like 11:01 if you like.
  10. Save the automation and your done :tada:

Let us know how you go.

1 Like

@Blacky

Hello,
can you tell me pls, how to you make the
Ambient Light Sensor - Site Conditions

In some cases when your lights turn ON, your ambient light sensor is affected, increasing its LUX value. This can cause the lights to go OFF prematurely. Please select an option that best suits your installation.
THX

OMG I forgot to reply to this to say thank you, this is working perfectly!!! :slight_smile:

thanks for the blueprint

for the bypass option 3 (if I just pick the tv “media player tv”) will the system know that if the tv is on that means bypass?

what if I need a complicated bypass

such as

if the light is on and the shutter opens turn off the light if it is at the morning

for bedrooms: I used sleep sensor from whitings to bypass the automation any cheaper and more invotive options to use?

thanks again

Hi, I have a non-smart light that is connected to an Aqara E1 smart switch. I use this blueprint to trigger the light to come on when motion is detected, however if the light is manually turned off with the switch after use, the lights will turn on and off a few times. Is there a way to prevent this?

@DaAliG

Nice one, glad you got it working :+1:

@aelsharawi

You can create a binary sensor to handle it.

Consider just using a LUX sensor for this.

If you are looking for a bed sensors @tom_l a moderator of this forum has shared one of his projects. It is very detailed how to make one, cost effective and defiantly worth a read. I also sure if you have any questions Tom will help you with good advice. I use do not disturb on my phone but one day I will tackle this project. Below is a link to Tom’s project.

Hope this helps you.

@kiwi3007

Yes you can… the only thing is once the automation is cleared finishes it will turn you light back ON if the trigger is triggered. Follow the steps below on how to do it.

1. Create a scene with your light ON and enter it into ‘Lights - Switches - Scenes - Scripts’.
  2. Create another scene with your light OFF and enter it into ‘Scenes - Scripts To Turn OFF’.
  3. Create a toggle helper and enter it into ‘Scenes & Scripts - Toggle Helper’.
  4. Set up the rest of the automation to your liking.
  5. Click save and your done :tada:

Now you will be able to turn the light OFF once the automation turns it ON as the automation is now looking at the toggle helper.

If that not what you would like then you can use the bypass options.

Hi @Blacky, I’ve run into an issue with automations that have zigbee PIR sensor as the “Trigger Sensor”. If these sensors become “unavailable” due to zigbee2mqtt crash/reboots/unavailable, the automation is triggered. Is this expected behaviour? One would think that the trigger should only be for when these sensors report as “true” not just “unavailable”?

@B3N3

Yes the trigger to turn ON the light must go from OFF to ON. Have a good look at it and if you are finding that is not the case please let us know.

Not sure I understood. The PIR sensor changed from “false” to “unavailable” which triggered the automaton. Should it only trigger when it changes from “false” to “true”?

Yes from OFF (Clear) to ON (Detected)

Thanks for your fast reply, I understand and it seems to be working !
Awesome !

1 Like

Right. Sounds like this is a bug that I found then: when trigger binary sensor becomes unavailable, the automation incorrectly starts.

@variamus

Nice one thanks for letting us know :+1:

@b3nn

Hi Ben, I have tested it here 3 times. Tests were

clear to unavailable = light stays OFF
unavailable to clear = light stays OFF
unavailable to detected = light stays OFF

Then from unavailable to clear to detected = light comes ON

For there to be a bug in this HA action would be very strange as it would be one of the top actions used by many automation.

It must be something with your zigbee PIR sensor. If the light is coming ON then it must be going from OFF to ON and remember it can be a millisecond.

Thanks for this. I just did another test and traced it out. It appears the culprit is the “Bypass to turn lights OFF” using a switch zigbee mmwave sensor (Powder is Empty)

config of the switch:

The trace of the automation shows the switch trigger the automation

Is this a bug within the “Bypass - Turn lights OFF”?