Sensorpush humidity and temperature sensors

So you combine all the sensors you set up in the configuration.yaml file into one section, like:

sensor:
  - platform: sensorpush
  - platform: barbarbar
  - platform: foofoofoo

The sensor names match whatever you named them in the Sensorpush app when you set them up

Hello - thank you for offering to help…
I am not new to config files or computers or such, but, my gosh, I cannot begin to make any sense of this process…

My configuration.yaml file appears to be rather basic - i’ve only really added a few things. At the moment, beyond the default, i just have something i copied from another integration so I can see our LG ThingQ products and that’s working flawlessly.

I thought I could most likely successfully add this integration for the SensorPush items, but, no success yet.

ok, i have the sensorpush integration working now using just simple entity cards. still have yet to figure out how to make the custom mini graph card work - but, that’s probably a separate discussion!

ok, using some other examples i found for the mini graph cards i did get that working too…

Any ideas as to what might be causing this error? I’m using HACS+0.0.9. It seems to be working and data is coming in to the sensors but keep seeing this error over and over in the logs.

Logger: homeassistant.util.logging
Source: util/logging.py:105
First occurred: 2:14:15 PM (30 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:16:15 PM

* Exception in _update_callback when dispatching 'sensorpush_updated': () Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/sensorpush/__init__.py", line 148, in _update_callback sensor_data = sensor_results[self._device_id] KeyError: '17147.5509281258672289'
* Exception in _update_callback when dispatching 'sensorpush_updated': () Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/sensorpush/__init__.py", line 148, in _update_callback sensor_data = sensor_results[self._device_id] KeyError: '19199.3925777798233426'
* Exception in _update_callback when dispatching 'sensorpush_updated': () Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/sensorpush/__init__.py", line 148, in _update_callback sensor_data = sensor_results[self._device_id] KeyError: '21093.471218008579273'
* Exception in _update_callback when dispatching 'sensorpush_updated': () Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/sensorpush/__init__.py", line 148, in _update_callback sensor_data = sensor_results[self._device_id] KeyError: '304301.2687808235940913'
* Exception in _update_callback when dispatching 'sensorpush_updated': () Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/sensorpush/__init__.py", line 148, in _update_callback sensor_data = sensor_results[self._device_id] KeyError: '308684.6669439881440610'

What is the username and password for?

This should be able to use without the wifi gateway? True Bluetooth?

But where do I get the username and password without the wifi gateway???

I’ve been using this integration since release but have found an issue.

After restart these sensors report very strange values, which soon after (seconds) gets corrected. This also happens with my Z-Ware and Zigbee sensor but they report state ‘restored’ until they get a fresh value.
These sensor just report the incorrect value with no indication, beside one little thing - the attribute "attribution": "Data by SensorPush" is missing.
Would it be possible for someone to update the code and have it set the sensors state to ‘restored’ until it can get a real value from the SensorPush gateway?

Or better yet, just don’t report any restored, only real values?

@ryans or anyone else.

Anyway to add BT to a HA hub so one does not need an iOS or Android device running nearby?

Or can one run an old outdated iPhone 5 4G without a SIM card sans VoLTE in the IT Closet and and use that instead?

@ryans I have the SensorPush sensors showing up and updating in Home Assistant. Beginner question… how do I use the humidity value being reported to trigger a TP Link smart plug (also available in HA) if the humidity is over a certain value? Been working through various combinations in the Automation GUI but can’t seem to get anything to trigger based on the temperature being reported.

Figured it out, I hope.

alias: Basement Dehumidifier off at < 55
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.a_basement_humidity
    to: null
condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: '{{ (states.sensor.a_basement_humidity.state|float) < 55}}'
action:
  - type: turn_off
    device_id: 326a5aded18dd945a
    entity_id: switch.crawl_space_dehumidifier
    domain: switch
mode: restart

Been using this integration for a while now. Great job! I have one HTP.xw sensor I’m using for OA conditions. The temperature and humidity come through, but the pressure does not. Pressure is turned on and logging in the SensorPush app. Is there a way to get the additional sensors?

Did you ever figure this out?

Everything was working fine for me and suddenly this is all I get. I feel I must have made some kind of change, but I can’t tell what.

Logger: homeassistant.util.logging
Source: util/logging.py:116
First occurred: 8:10:12 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:10:12 PM

Exception in _update_callback when dispatching ‘sensorpush_updated’: () Traceback (most recent call last): File “/config/custom_components/sensorpush/init.py”, line 149, in _update_callback sensor_results = samples[‘sensors’] TypeError: ‘method’ object is not subscriptable

I have tried the latest tagged version and master. Same issue for both.

The same for me: after the upgrade of home assistant from version 2022.5 to 2022.6 all my sensorpush sensors stops working with the same error:

’ Logger: homeassistant.util.logging
Source: util/logging.py:116
First occurred: 08:13:01 (4140 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:57:06
Exception in _update_callback when dispatching ‘sensorpush_updated’: () Traceback (most recent call last): File “/config/custom_components/sensorpush/init.py”, line 149, in _update_callback sensor_results = samples[‘sensors’] TypeError: ‘method’ object is not subscriptable ’

Getting the same error here. I had hoped it was something a reboot would fix, but not so. I’ll file an issue on GitHub

UPDATE:
Filed here:

New HA integration version released that handles a samples() API change in the underlying pysensorpush library. It should be working again. I do not have any SensorPush gateways/sensors anymore wth HA, so cannot test myself.

1 Like

Could anything be done to fix the low values after a restart? They mess up all my charts and seams isolated to SensorPush, temps from Hue sensors works fine over reboots.

This works for me again after applying your update. Thank you!

I’ve been getting lots of these warnings lately.

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: helpers/entity.py:650
First occurred: June 12, 2022, 8:42:08 PM (10 occurrences)
Last logged: June 12, 2022, 8:42:08 PM

Temperature sensor sensor.bedroom_temperature (<class 'custom_components.sensorpush.sensor.SensorPushMeasurement'>) does not inherit SensorEntity, this will be unsupported in Home Assistant Core 2022.7.Please report it to the custom component author.
Temperature sensor sensor.kitchen_temperature (<class 'custom_components.sensorpush.sensor.SensorPushMeasurement'>) does not inherit SensorEntity, this will be unsupported in Home Assistant Core 2022.7.Please report it to the custom component author.
Temperature sensor sensor.workshop_temperature (<class 'custom_components.sensorpush.sensor.SensorPushMeasurement'>) does not inherit SensorEntity, this will be unsupported in Home Assistant Core 2022.7.Please report it to the custom component author.
Temperature sensor sensor.office_reine_temperature (<class 'custom_components.sensorpush.sensor.SensorPushMeasurement'>) does not inherit SensorEntity, this will be unsupported in Home Assistant Core 2022.7.Please report it to the custom component author.
Temperature sensor sensor.bathroom_temperature (<class 'custom_components.sensorpush.sensor.SensorPushMeasurement'>) does not inherit SensorEntity, this will be unsupported in Home Assistant Core 2022.7.Please report it to the custom component author.

After upgrading to 2022.7 all readings now come in as F not C, how do I change this?

This is very annoying, does anyone have any idea what it could be? I want my sensors back to Celsius.
Note that all Hue sensors are in Celsius but all SensorPush are in Fahrenheit.

@ryans do you have any idea?