Sensorpush humidity and temperature sensors

Sensorspush has recently opened up access to their API for testing. Any user who has their sensors and gateway can sign up for access. I’ve been using these for a year or two and had great success with their accuracy and reliability, but currently accessing the data is limited to their app. Coding a new platform against their API is beyond my abilities so I wanted to see if anyone was working on one or had any code that could use some additional testers.

2 Likes

I’m using a bunch of their sensors too and they are very accurate.

The API documentation can be found here:

1 Like

No one else using these sensors?

Doesn’t seem like it.

I have SensorPush devices at both home and at my work, so will be interesting to play around and see how this can be integrated into Home Assistant.

1 Like

Python API package created, working on Home Assistant sensors next.

1 Like

And my first stab at a SensorPush integration for Home Assistant…please contribute bugfixes if you run across any issues. NOTE: You MUST email into SensorPush support@ in order to get approved for API access before this will work.

2 Likes

Awesome work Ryans, thank you!
I installed it yesterday without any issues, all my sensors showed up after a restart.

Today though I noticed that overnight it seams that none of the sensors updated their values.
Is there any configuration I missed that defines how/when they pull(?) data from the gateway?

Just saw this in my log.

1 Like

I installed HACS and the hass-sensorpush integration. Worked perfectly! Thanks!

Do you need the wifi gateway for this?

If I understand @ryans comments, yes. He lists the fetching of the data directly via BT as out of scope for this project.

@lawsuitup, You actually do not need the WiFi Gateway to use this, but your sensors data MUST somehow make it to their cloud service. The Sensorpush iOS/Android app can push data from the sensors over Bluetooth to the Sensorpush cloud without a gateway. HOWEVER, whenever the app ISN’T running and pushing data to Sensorpush cloud, no data updates.

The comment in the README was about native Bluetooh support for communicating directly with the sensors all the time (e.g. offline support and without needing the Sensorpush cloud to capture the latest sensor readings). I have no plans to add that, since this works the Sensorpush cloud service just fine…however, if anyone wants to implement have at it! This might allow us to use the cheaper sensors, for those of us who would like to have lots of sensors scattered around.

FYI, the NoneType object (sensor_results) is fixed in the latest version as of 8 days ago. I didn’t post that to this thread.

So it works with or without the gateway? If you are not using the gateway do you need something running the app around the location or have it running?

I BELIEVE without the gateway you need an iOS or Android device within Bluetooth range of all your sensors that is running the app constantly. I’ve never run that way so haven’t tested that.

The gateway makes this so much simpler and is Sensorpush’s official way to integrate the devices constantly with their cloud service.

Great integration! Thank you!

I am seeing one possible issue - when home assistant restarts, the initial reading of the SensorPush sensors comes back with a value of 0.0. Is this just me, or are others seeing this as well?

Got this installed but I keep getting an error with my configuration.yaml. I assume I’m just doing something dumb. Excuse my formatting it passes fine within hass.io.

2019-12-05 15:07:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for sensors: Integration not found.

configuration.yaml
sensorpush:
username: myemail
password: mypassword

sensors:

• platform: sensorpush

EDIT: I realize my mistake now. It’s supposed to be sensor: and I believe I copied pasted somewhere from an example that had sensors:

Thanks for fixing the SensorPush start value bug Eric.

@ryans

Run through the setup of a new gateway + sensor. Made sure it was listed as “sensor” and not “sensors”. Copied the custom_components/sensorpush directory over to config/custom_components/sensorpush. Getting the following errors in HA:

Error during setup of component sensorpush

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 176, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/sensorpush/__init__.py", line 74, in setup
    sensorpush_service = PySensorPush(username, password)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pysensorpush/__init__.py", line 37, in __init__
    self.login()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pysensorpush/__init__.py", line 59, in login
    self.__apikey = data.get('apikey')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

also

Unable to prepare setup for platform sensorpush.sensor: Unable to set up component.

Any ideas what I may be missing on this?