Server got into trouble HA web interface

Hi All

I’ve been using HA for some time now (approx 4months) I’ve run into the issue when browsing to the HA interface I get 500 internal server error, server got itself into trouble.

I’ve experienced it maybe 4or 5 times now and only a full restore of a SD card backup seems to sort it.

I’m running on a PI 3 with a64gb Sandisk card.

Any thoughts on why I would be getting this error, corrupt SD was my thinking??

Is it possible to point the db file to a network location, to reduce read/write amounts on the SD card?

Thanks great app, and can’t wait for hadashboard V2 :grin::grin:

1 Like

I keep getting the “500 Internal Server Error” error very often, daily basis.
So I cannot rely on the stability of HA hub (installed on RPI3).
(while the web UI is in 500 state I cannot remote desktop to the box anymore, so maybe it is a system wide issue).
Anyone facing same issue? Any idea on how to investigate and fix the issue?

I have not sufferd this issue - runnning in a RPi 2

I would assume it is an SD card issue.

For moving the DB over to a networked databaase, have a look at Large homeassistant database files

There is talk of moving locally to a mySQL database as well as a remote mySQL database.

I’m also facing the same issue on a Pi3. I’m using mysql locally for the db on an 8gb uhs-i sd (had the same issue on a class 10). This has been ongoing since approx v 0.38 and each version since even with full rebuilds from scratch.
At first it wasnt too bad but now uts just getting annoying having to pull the power and restart.
Are there any logs I can provide to help diagnose this and how do I get them?
Thanks in advance for any help.

I’m having the same problem, and it occurs daily. Any way to fix this?

Can anyone shed any light on this issue as it’s causing me big problems when it crashes and automations no longer fire to turn on sockets/lights etc. Even a pointer to where to find logs to look at/upload for more info.

I figure-out the culprit on this issue.
If was the defective SD Card. It was good when I purchase it but it wear out in time due limited write cycle limits for this kind of storage media.
So I replaced it with a new one and I followed some best practices on the internet to minimize the writes on the SD card and enhance the sdcard lifetime.

Hope it will help some others who faced the same issue.

Cheers!

UPDATE After reading a bit around I’ve found in 500 Error - Server got itself in trouble where they suggest that the problem could be a component eating up the resources. Ill have a look and update this thread aswell. Cheers.

Hi all,

Im having this 500 erorr the server got in trouble. Second time in the last 3 days. I suspect that the culprit is the sd card. After rebooting i will schedule an fsck on the SD to check it out. I am really worried about the system stability. I’d expect this to run for ~6 months without a reboot, but this is a bit scary.

Are there any options like runing the hole system from ram? Im thinking on something like “picore OS” (derivate of tiny core linux), which creates a virtual FS on ram. This allows the system to restart any time and boot up correctly. For the data, i could have the database in other nodes as suggested in this thread.

The easiest option is to just run the raspbian with a RO fs, and also external db.

Any thoughts? Am I overreacting due to bad luck with my sd card, or this is really a serious issue (the weakest link i think)

Cheers.,

Gaspar