Service to create event with Caldav

I want to create an event with Caldav.

Like: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/calendar.google/#service-googleadd_event

Agreed! This would be cool to add and delete To-Dos aswell.

1 Like

Although I have never tried it, apparently it’s just a matter of performing an HTTP PUT with content in vCalendar format.

2 Likes

I have already read something like that. But it would be quite good to have this as a service in the Homeassistant.

Unfortunately I am not a good programmer. But could help with testing.

I agree it would be ideal to have a service to do it but you should know that most Feature Requests are never implemented. So if you need something now then HTTP PUT is a possibility.

Then I try to implement HTTP Put via the REST

Hi, die you succeed with creating events?

After the calendar tab appeared in HA, it became very convenient to store long-term information there. Such as the consumption of water and electricity, the distance traveled, and the consumed fuel, triggering of the sensors of the security system, and so on. But unfortunately, adding events to the calendar is only possible for the Google calendar. But I really want this information to be stored in the local calendar (I use the CalDav Synology). On this I join the request.

I have exactly the same requirement.
Unfortunately I have not made it work with REST

I have the same requirement also.

In my old Home Automation system (jeedom) I use a php function to do that, I have some smal progrmaing skills. does sombady know where the dependency are in HA so I can check if they integrate the feature and make a python script to add an event

So currently, adding events to a caldav calendar is not available?

you could use node red if that would help you :slight_smile: ?

Anyone knows if/how I can use this β€œGitHub - python-caldav/caldav” with appdaemon to create calendar events?