Set my home location

Same for me. I cannot change the location at all, it’s stuck. I can move around the mini-map, but this does not change the location of the pin in it. Right-clicking also does not change the location of the pin on the map.

1 Like

I fixed it by manually configuring in YAML. In my view there is a bug int he GUI, the location is not configurable using the GUI simply.

homeassistant:
  elevation: xxx
  latitude: xxx
  longitude: xxx
4 Likes

I just tried it on 2022.4.5 and could set the home location in the UI just fine. You have to click and drag the marker though.

2 Likes

Here is how to solve the issue… (in version core-2022.5.5)

Steps:
Go to your ‘Map’ card (showing the incorrect location)
Click the ‘pencil’ icon (top-right corner)
Select your ‘Home’ location (right-hand side)
Click & drag your ‘Home’ icon very slightly

… once you drop the icon in a location your ‘Map’ card will now default to the new location.

3 Likes

Tried that numerous times, edit and dragging the pin. Then updating and restarting.

Doesn’t work in GUI.

Doesn’t work. I have the latest HA. I had allowed HA to detect during onboarding.

Having an issue here. I just moved. Trying to move the marker on the map does not work. Even after hitting save and restarting. Marker just reverts to old location. Any ideas?

1 Like

Having this same problem. Drag pin, hit save and back out. Next time I go back into the screen it’s reverted to the old position.

Just wanted to say thanks!! Was tearing my hair out but this worked, I am no longer in Amsterdam.

I’ve just done the same, you have to click and drag the home icon :slight_smile:

Thank you for suggesting this, worked perfectly.

This is fine if you are not far from Amsterdam. If you’re on the other side of the planet it’s not even remotely reasonable.

1 Like

Pinch the map, this compresses distances, then you can drag your home to your area. Then reverse pinch the map, and you can drag to a fairly precise location

These answers aren’t working for me. I just get this:

and then if I click the edit button, I get this:

There is literally nothing in my configuration.yaml that sets a home location. So why does HA persist in saying it’s defined in there? Why can’t the error message give the line number of configuration.yaml where the home location is set, so I can see it for myself?

egrep -r <my latitude> config showed it was defined in .storage/core.restore_state and .storage/core.config. Renaming both those files and rebooting just resulted in .storage/core.restore_state being regenerated with the same values — and my home location being changed to 0°, 0° — and still not being editable!

I suspect that the way the home location was defined changed several versions ago, and the change that introduced the new way simply left old configs untouched, rather than migrating them. Am I stuck unless I nuke the whole HA setup and recreate everything from scratch?

Here’s my configuration.yaml. Prize for the first person to point to the line that sets the home location, as claimed by the error message :grin:

# Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.
default_config:

homeassistant:
  external_url: https://REDACTED

http:
  use_x_forwarded_for: true
  trusted_proxies:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

# Workdays
binary_sensor:
  - platform: workday
    province: England
    workdays: [mon, tue, wed, thu, fri]
    excludes: [sat, sun, holiday]

This is a bit of a guess, but you could try removing the country: key under homeassistant:. This can now be set via the UI. (So can external_url as well by the way).

See the note here about what you won’t be able to edit via the UI if using certain general settings in YAML. I wonder if that also affects changing the home location.

Thanks! That was the issue. I needed to remove both country and external_url, then set them from the UI.

That error dialog really should link to the page you referenced — I could have solved it straight away if it had given me that hint…

Your first development task :slight_smile:

I have the following problem:

when I enter my geo location in the configuration.yaml file like so:

# Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.
default_config:

# Load frontend themes from the themes folder
frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

homeassistant:  
elevation: 455  
latitude: 47.16743 
longitude: 9.47794 

I’m getting the following error when checking my yaml file under developer tools:

A basic validation of the configuration is automatically done before restarting. The basic validation ensures the YAML configuration doesn’t have errors which will prevent Home Assistant or any integration from starting. It’s also possible to only do the basic validation check without restarting.

Configuration invalid!

Integration error: latitude - Integration ‘latitude’ not found. Integration error: elevation - Integration ‘elevation’ not found. Integration error: longitude - Integration ‘longitude’ not found.

What am I doing wrong - can anybody help me ? Thanks a lot !

Indentation. See this post

Remember, as it say some where here , to clock the pencil first. you should get a cross hair you can use ti drag the location