Set user profile picture

Screenshot%20from%202019-03-30%2018-31-29
Sorry if this is obvious…
In the top RH corner of lovelace I have what looks like an Icon linking to my “profile”; is it possible to change this from my initial (A) to a picture?

9 Likes

+1

Would like to know how to do it as well, even better if the user profile picture could be linked to a device picture from know_devices.yaml.

Thanks,
Gabriel.

Anything new about this?

Only a circle with a letter is not nice.

Steffen

+1 for that.

according to docs we can link person to specific front-end user. it would be logic if then user-picture was taken from person-entity picture, but no, nothing happens :frowning:

Hi PeeJay, thanks for your interest in this topic!

I expect that person-entity is different to user-entity. Did you use your user entity ID for the person-entity id?

Andy

sure, those are two different entities, and without additional config - they are not related in any way.
but as the documentation for the person integration [the link I’ve mentioned] states - it can be linked - and yes, I did that. in all of my persons’ configuration I’ve got all front-end users linked by using the user_id attribute. unfortunately - it does nothing. maybe there are some plans for the future, maybe eventually it will read person’s entity picture and use it as avatar after you login, but it riddles me why such a “simple” [at least in my eyes] thing isn’t done yet

1 Like

Yeah, I’d like also to modify HA profile pic, not only person entity picture

+1
Anyone found a solution ?

+1 for this!

Also I found an open feature request for this as well! For others wanting to see this happen be sure and vote!

1 Like

This is now included from release 0.115… It works a treat!

See Here

If I used this to assign a picture. How to remove it afterwards again completely (instead of replacing it)?

If I click on the removal-X and update, nothing happens. The picture stays.

I have to push and ask again. How to delete (not replace) a picture?