Setting up Zigbee on Synology Docker (DSM7.1) with Sonoff - but not getting very far

Cut a long story short, I had some Tuya Wifi presense sensors up and running and, as many predicted, they have started to fail, so I thought I’d replace using Zigbee devices (which I’ve never used before) as I was originally advised to do…

I can’t add the Zigbee integration in HA as it is asking me for the Serial Device Path which I don’t know.

I have installed a SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus-P into the NAS which shows up as a ‘CP210x UART Bridge - Silicon Labs’.

lsusb returns the following: |__2-2 10c4:ea60:0100 00 2.00 12MBit/s 100mA 1IF (ITead Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus b423…)

I found instructions to create a shell script “find-usb.sh” and run it in /dev but it isn’t returning any output…

Any steps I have missed or advice on what to do next? Thank you!

Zigbee NAS
Zigbee NAS 2

I do advise you to use virtual machine instead, that will save you a big hassle to get D-bus working in docker.

Did you add path to that device to your Docker container?

Something like --device /dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0 (depending on the path to device yu’re using.
If you have /dev/serial/by-id/xxxx detected, would be better to use that…

Hi WimDRE, can you give me a bit more on this? Do you mean a VM on the Synology or host the Zigbee controller on another, say, Windows machine?

Hello BeardedConti, I don’t have ttyACM0 listed in the /dev folder. I am guessing that is the issue? Any pointers on how I get this to show up? Sorry, I am (clearly) very new to this.

I’m guessing you’ve not installed the serial port drivers needed for DSM 7: GitHub - robertklep/dsm7-usb-serial-drivers: Synology DSM 7 USB serial drivers

Hi Gentzel, yes I have install the serial port drivers. What do I enter for the serial device path? dev/ttyUSB0 still giving me a “Failed to connect” error.

> 
>   |__2-2         10c4:ea60:0100 00  2.00   12MBit/s 100mA 1IF  (ITead Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus b423b8)
>   2-2:1.0         (IF) ff:00:00 2EPs () cp210x ttyUSB0

According to this, it is detected as ttyUSB0 - that’s also OK… Did you add it to container for Home Assistant?

Hi there, have a look at This post. Workes seamless with skykonnect and bluetooth on a powered usb hub connected on the back usb port of the synology