Setup failed for tado

Just started to have an issue with Tado.

Setup failed for tado: Component failed to initialize.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Tado Heating Component Not Working

Same here. I think Tado servers are down.

Same here. Must be a problem with the Tado servers or the Tado API.

My log says:

2019-03-14 20:43:17 ERROR (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.tado] Unable to connect to mytado with username and password
2019-03-14 20:43:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for tado: Component failed to initialize.

probably related to this:

Starting March 2019, authentication will require retrieving access and refresh tokens from auth.tado.com

PyTado did not yet switch to the new authentication server, but tado probably did.

i fixed it in my HA by replacing my.tado.com with auth.tado.com in

and

in deps/lib/python/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py

Tado stop working with 0.89.2

Same here.

Tado device tracker is working though, climate and sensors are not.

Yup, same here.

I’m running Hassio on a Pi, so I don’t think I can get access to the source directories to modify it?

Yes, that worked for me as well! Thanks!

Thanks this worked as a quick fix :+1:

Where to put those two files after making the changes? I run hassbian

Same here. Looks like a global problem. Your workaround solution works! You’re great!
Hope next updates will fix this.

Hello, this is solution for docker users:

1.- Access by ssh to the host and execute docker ps to get the code from the docker container:

5a4353db1768        homeassistant/home-assistant:latest

2.- Now copy the file: /config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py to a folder inside the host:

docker cp 5a4353db1768:/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py /media/interface.py

3.- Modify the file Interface.py the row 115 and 140 of the file Interface.py change my.tado.com by auth.tado.com (thanks @Macs)

4.- Now copy the file from the host to the container:

docker cp /media/interface.py 5a4353db1768:/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py

5.- Restart Homeassistant docker container :slight_smile:

Thanks @diplix

the solution by @diplix did also work for me. I simply put the SD card of my HASSIO into my PC and searched for interface.py files. I modified all Tado related files accordingly and now it is working again!

Thanks again for the super fast solution

Thanks this worked for me using virtual python environment on ubuntu 18.04

though found it in /homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py

Thanks for the workaround :+1:

Same problem here.
But on Hassio any idea where to find the interface.py to edit?

i cannot find it in deps/lib/python/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py

Fantastic!

On my docker (Home Assistant version 0.89.1) the path was :usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py

But it’s now working again :slight_smile:

The string “my.tado.com” appears in several places, should it always be updated? Tnx

For the life of me I can’t find interfaces.py on my Hassio set up. I have connected to it via SFTP and have searched for it but can’t find it anywhere, I have access to root. Anyone have any suggestions, I have checked the two locations listed above and also tried putting the SD card into a PC but I don’t see an interfaces.py there either?

I have found/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ but it is not in there either.

same for me. No way to find tado py file in hassio. Waiting for update of hassio