Setup failed for tado

Ok I got it. I copied the org directory of the container owning the home assistant installation to the directory /config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyTado and changed the interface file there. Then did a restart.

1 Like

Same for me. Started after upgrade to Home Assistant 0.89.2. . Seems I also got another error message (haven’t looked this up yet so might be something with password/login)

See here:

It looks like it is at the Tado end, they have changed the API address, some people have been able to amend PyTado manually but if you are like me and on a RPi with Hassio it looks like this isn’t possible.

Seems that when I restart Hassio, the file reverts back to the old version. Annoying…

This worked for me! Thanks. Used the HASSIO ssh community add-on, had to disable protected mode.

Don’t forget to replace ‘b71fdab9b620’ with your own docker id that you found for your homeassistant docker in step 1, for each of the successive steps.

-edit-: @srk23 Okay will have to refrain from restarting for a while then…

No luck with my Hass.io instance (the one with docker is running fine). Logging into the docker and editing the file /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py
It does not survive a reboot…guess that hass.io supervisor is taking care of restoring the original image instead of the modified one…

A good thought. I tried searching my hss.io supervisor docker for the pytado files, but they are not there. I am not sure how hass.io works - is it pulling the original file from the internet?

1 Like

@srk23 I found two copies here in the supervisor docker (homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor for me):
/data/homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py
/data/homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py

I edited them both as per your original instructions and rebooted the host computer. After the restart HA didn’t complain about Tado setup failing, but the frontend was not showing correct mode info and no sensor data.

I restarted HA again after the initial boot, and now it’s working well. It’s survived two more HA restarts so far.

1 Like

Ah - I get it now. For hass.io, you need to create a new version of the entire PyTado folder in the location above that overrides the default copy. Now working and seems to be surviving a reboot!

For those using hass.io on RPi - this should work for you as well. Just create a copy of the config files in the location above and edit the file there.

2 Likes

That has much more sense now… if we need to override a package we only make a copy of the patched package and place it in /config/deps/lib…

Working here too with hass.io!

I seem to be the only one in this thread getting a “read-only file system” for the copy destination /share/?

No… I get the same error 'open /media/interface.py : read-only file system

Yeah works on RPi too! Awesome

can you share please how you did it?

I corrected my post with up to date sources. jeroenjoosse pointed out a mistake using an outdated source prevented sending commands to Tado’s server, however the interface and indications were working.

I confirm this works on Raspberry Pi with Hassio. I used the Hassio built-in Configurator component to navigate in the file system and create PyTado folder at the following path:

/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyTado/

Actually I had to create all the subfolders as my ‘deps’ folder was empty.

I created three new files with the Configuration editor inside ‘PyTado’ folder:

__init__.py
__main__.py
interface.py

I used wmalgadey’s GitHub repository to copy-paste the contents of these files.

As wmalgadey already patched the code in interface.py, all you have to do is to restart Hassio. Thanks for diplix for the original workaround.

5 Likes

the most important thing is to restart docker command otherwise the modified file doesn’t hold

This also worked for me running Hassio through Docker on a NUC, thanks!

Solved. Copied folder (with modified interface.py) from:
/docker/home assistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyTado

to:
/docker/home assistant/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/

magically worked back again.

This initially seemed to work fine (no errors), but the climate service operation stopped working. Any command sent to Tado seemed to be ignored. Display of current status in frontend was fine though.

Solved it by using wmalgadey’s repository (all three files) instead of chrism0dwk’s version.

2 Likes

Interesting - I only use presence detection and sensors, not control via hass.io

I just copied the original hass.io files into the deps directory and modified, rather than getting them from the repository.